Leica Ballistics App

6scar9

FNG
Looking for some insight.

On the Leica Ballistics App under the “gun profile” there is an option to ENABLE sight-in conditions.

I’m curious what this feature entails? What is the difference if it is enabled or disabled? Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_4654.png
    IMG_4654.png
    49.1 KB · Views: 14

ol490

Lil-Rokslider
If it’s like AB, it uses sight in conditions as the baseline to adjust against for environmental factors. For example, you sight in at 5,000’ elevation at an absolute pressure of 24.5”. It will then adjust for current conditions based upon that. If you don’t use it, I’m not sure what it assumes but it could start to matter if it assumed sea level pressure for sight in but you are hunting at 8300’ elevation and 22.3” absolute pressure.
I use AB but I use sight in conditions and make sure I have accurate temp, pressure, and humidity when I do sight in.

gr8fuldoug

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
If sight in conditions are enabled, you can then enter the temp and station pressure of the environment in which you zeroed your rifle. If not enabled, the system assumes you zeroed in the conditions of a standard atmospheric day, 59F and 29.92 inHg (STATION pressure, not barometric pressure). Conditions enabled allows for more accurate ballistic correction calculations.