Legit Hunting Personalities

Nate Simmons of Western Hunter
Yup I enjoy the western hunter guys. Nate is a killer who comes across as a good regular guy. Chris Denham is a stud who gives a ton of effort but seems to never kill anything really big which I can relate to 100%šŸ˜‚

CoHiCntry

WKR
I only recognize maybe a quarter of the names mentioned on hereā€¦ where is everyone seeing their content? Are they on TV, or YouTube or what? Or is it all social media stuff?

Cfriend

FNG
Kind of surprised no one has mentioned ElkNut. I think he's about as successful and skilled as they come and did it all on public while having a "real" job. Love his passion for both hunting and educating others.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

CHWine

Lil-Rokslider
I hosted Melissa Bachman in my home when she was blacktail hunting on the neighboring property about 6-7 years ago. I also follow her on FB. She's earned everything that she's achieved. Started as an unpaid intern doing video production. She goes to many sports shows...... yes she is sponsored by Winchester, but takes the time to shake hands and pose for pics with just about anyone. She also does lots of stuff for kids. She caught a bunch of hell when she killed a lion in Africa and posted pics with her 'smiling' which some of the antis didn't like.

HaydenB

Lil-Rokslider
I have met most all of the guys named at one time or another. Few I donā€™t know.

One clearly separates himself from every other hunter I have met both on the hill and in life.

Randy Ulmer..
Yeah I donā€™t know Randy personally but I know guys that do. If I had to put money on a guy to get it done year in and year out heā€™d be the man.

OP
Banded_spooney
I only recognize maybe a quarter of the names mentioned on hereā€¦ where is everyone seeing their content? Are they on TV, or YouTube or what? Or is it all social media stuff?
Lots of YouTube folks. I love that. Such low barrier to entry, and you arenā€™t subject to tv rules (23 minutes of content, selling of commercials and I show ad slots, shooting of bedded animals, etc). They can just hunt and if they are interesting they start making money.

A waterfowl group I love to watch on YouTube is Smackem Outdoors up in North Dakota. Killers

pk_

WKR
I donā€™t follow much hunting media at all and havenā€™t for a long time.

But as far as ā€˜hunting celebritiesā€™, Jim Shockey always seemed pretty legit as an all around hunter?

For a lesser known name, a guy that I think has the highest woods iq I have ever seen in front of, or behind a camera is Jared Scheffler.

Most I have seen on tv or YouTube over the years donā€™t seem like they could find their way out of a culdesac or stalk up on a sleeping cow to tip it over.

Thatā€™s not ā€˜hateā€™, itā€™s just the truth.

While I have seen many of these guys on TV/YouTube or whatever, I haven't met any that I can recall.

One thing that strikes me is the number of big animals some seem to kill on a yearly basis.

Multiple bucks, bull elk, maybe a moose, etcetera. It begs the question, at least from me, of when is it enough?

Certainly, given the opportunity, I would shoot two bull elk in a year. It's unlikely to happen for me very many times in my lifetime. And if I can kill a buck and a bull, that's about the right amount of meat for me.

Call me a hypocrite but at some point they're killing for the camera and I find it off-putting. I also think the idea of donating the excess is a bit of a cop-out.

Ohiohuntr

Lil-Rokslider
I feel like there has been a major shift in hunting entertainment from just kill shots to showing ā€œactual huntsā€ the are semi obtainable for a lot of us. Most of the guys getting hated on fall into the older ā€œoutdoor channelā€ style of hunting shows

Time2fish

Lil-Rokslider
Consistently killing Rooseveltā€™s is a tough task and the BRO crew gets it done, they are also a very positive, and helpful group of dudes.
Seems like rokslide alumni Jordan Budd is a talented well rounded hunter.
Sthealthy, Gritty, Remi, stuck in the rut. All seem like killers. THP also gets a nod.
Itā€™s sucks that people have to alter their films for them to get traction on YouTube, but Iā€™m glad itā€™s a platform that people use. I watch a different video every morning with my coffee if Iā€™m not out fishing/hunting myself. Itā€™s better than the news.

Call me a hypocrite but at some point they're killing for the camera and I find it off-putting. I also think the idea of donating the excess is a bit of a cop-out.
Personally... I agree with you.

But if you're going to make a business out of it, you have to continually make content.

It's a different (and also worthwhile) conversation.

I donā€™t follow much hunting media at all and havenā€™t for a long time.

But as far as ā€˜hunting celebritiesā€™, Jim Shockey always seemed pretty legit as an all around hunter?

For a lesser known name, a guy that I think has the highest woods iq I have ever seen in front of, or behind a camera is Jared Scheffler.

Most I have seen on tv or YouTube over the years donā€™t seem like they could find their way out of a culdesac or stalk up on a sleeping cow to tip it over.

Thatā€™s not ā€˜hateā€™, itā€™s just the truth.