Legit Hunting Personalities

SDHNTR

WKR
I know of a guy on another hunting forum who lives in your area who also goes by the same handle, though spelled slightly Dif. He also knows a lot of the hunters you do.
He’s a lil questionable. We had to throw him out of the state. And Roy G too. Pretty good hunters tho…

Last edited:

GoatPackr

WKR
I think it would be cool to share a campfire with Synder, Remi and Newberg.
Probably a few others not coming to mind.
Kris

sneaky

"DADDY"
I can hate with the best of them. I’m all for a good insta hunter bashing thread but I never see anything on the other side.

I’m curious if anyone has first or second hand examples of where ‘famous’ hunters are legit killers or badass woodsmen?

I have one example of an overrated person first hand but second hand from a guide friend I know, I’ve heard Remi is a true killer.

Who is worth watching and listening to?
Limitless Outdoors guys on YouTube are legit. Some won't like the preaching aspect of their videos, but they hunt, and kill, everything consistently in the wilderness areas in Idaho and on public land in Colorado.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

sneaky

"DADDY"
I have no respect for Tom. He said on a podcast he didn’t necessarily enjoy hunting but he was good at making hunting videos so that’s what kept him hunting.

A high body count does not equal a legit hunter in my book. Feel free to disagree, but you won’t change my mind.

The legit hunters I think of most have never heard of, so I’ll keep it that way.
Tom is a much better trapper than he is a hunter. I knew of him from that side for a decade before he ever started making hunting videos.

TheTone

WKR
Limitless Outdoors guys on YouTube are legit. Some won't like the preaching aspect of their videos, but they hunt, and kill, everything consistently in the wilderness areas in Idaho and on public land in Colorado.

I wonder how they are getting around wilderness film permits which I’ve heard are tough to get? Is it the non profit church aspect?

Muleyczy

Lil-Rokslider
Nate Simmons of Western Hunter
I’ve met Nate Simmons, total good dude and he doesn’t do the social media thing so even better. Ive also met Fred Eichler, who was also ver humble and nice. I’d love to meet Chuck Adams and ask about a million questions.

Plainsman79

Lil-Rokslider
Travis Hobbs, Scott Thompson, Nate Simmons, the Benoit crew are all seems like good people that are great hunters. There’s probably more than a few that don’t use any social media to keep a low profile. Those are the guys that get it done on trophy critters most years.

TheTone

WKR
I have no respect for Tom. He said on a podcast he didn’t necessarily enjoy hunting but he was good at making hunting videos so that’s what kept him hunting.

A high body count does not equal a legit hunter in my book. Feel free to disagree, but you won’t change my mind.

The legit hunters I think of most have never heard of, so I’ll keep it that way.
Sure seems like a huge percent of his super slam animals were with a guide. IMO that takes a huge chunk of the accomplishment away, basically showed anyone can do it if they spend the money

GoatPackr

WKR
Sure seems like a huge percent of his super slam animals were with a guide. IMO that takes a huge chunk of the accomplishment away, basically showed anyone can do it if they spend the money

I totally agree. I've recently been less and less impressed with grip and grins with "famous personalities " and more interested in the story behind the hunt. If it's a guided hunt I start losing interest and if it's a private box hunt with an outfitter I don't even care to look twice. Unless it's with a kid or handicap person then I'm all about it.
Show me a pic of an average animal and a story of some average dude that worked for it and saved his over time and vacation days to go and do a hunt he has dreamed of for years.

Kris

GoatPackr

WKR
Ive recently met Randy. Got to visit with him about 20 min.
I've always felt the same way as you with these types of people.
After talking with Randy I'd love to run into him in the woods someday and have time to chew the fat around a big campfire. He's a pretty easy guy to talk to.
Kris

MTtrout

WKR
I don't watch much hunting but my kids like the hush guys and we've met them twice at the expo. They are great to the kids never came across arrogant. Other than the over advertised fire bull those guys seem decent.
The Hush guys has always been the epitome of bad hunting personalities to me. I’ve lived in UT for a while and had some of the best hunting experiences of my life but the hunting culture Hush brings has no relevance to the true passion of hunting.

Ralphie

WKR
There’s probably a fair number of them that are real hunters and good guys. It’s what some of them are doing to hunting and persist in doing that bothers me. Obviously there are some clowns in the group too.

The only one I’ve ever met is chuck adams back in the late 80s or early 90s. At a sportsman’s show. I was a young teenager at the time. He was very nice to me.

Dgregory

FNG
My favorites to watch are Brian Call and Ryan Lampers, and Justin Gibbins from Limitless Outdoors. These guys put together legitimate hunting videos and show all the real aspects of a hunt whether good or bad. I’d be happy to hunt with any of them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spindrift

FNG
This thread is gold.

Full of insecurity, envy and assumptions. I know many of the folks listed personally and have hunted with a handful of them. I assure you, they're all legitimate hunters and great people (most of the time--a few are giant doucheflutes).

It always cracks me up when people hate on folks for making a living doing what they want to do most. Say what you want, but all of the aforementioned have figured it out one way or another. And for the most part, they wouldn't be where they're at if they weren't legit (exceptions being poachers, etc).

Carry on and hate, hate, hate!

Sent from my SM-S918U1 using Tapatalk