Legit Hunting Personalities

OP
Banded_spooney
Tom Miranda, Chuck Adams, Fred Eichler and Remi Warren come to mind. Yep I am a bowhunter!

Dwight Schuh.

I like the meateater boys as well.
I have actually met Adam’s in the field. He was hunting solo with a bow on an any weapon tag, no camera in site and was quite pleasant even though I wandered in to him.

A friend guided Remi on what might have been his first goose hunt. He said he was completely out of his element on the first day, wouldn’t stop asking great questions and by end of day two could probably run his own spread successfully. Said it was amazing to see someone just get it that fast

I’ve heard the same thing about Remi. Plus he just genuinely seems like a nice guy.

I don’t get the flack some of the guys in the outdoor media space get. Most of the popular ones seem like genuinely good people who happened to “make it” doing what most of us dreamed about as kids. Perhaps they didn’t imagine that they might love hunting to death if you will, but it’s a stretch to say they are bad people bent on ruining hunting.

That isn’t to say there aren’t some downright terrible ones out there, who poach and bend the rules to “make it.” Screw those guys.

sacklunch

WKR
Greentree, Bowmar, Erik from Muley freak and the little dudes with the flat bills from Hushin...pick one, any one as a roll model and you'll be just fine.

Sarcasm aside, obviously, those guys are all d-bags....curious what the sentiment is about Donny Vincent? Certainly seems like a capable outdoorsman, hunter, etc. Sure he's just another influencer, but if I had to pick one that was tolerable, it may be him.

Greentree, Bowmar, Erik from Muley freak and the little dudes with the flat bills from Hushin...pick one, any one as a roll model and you'll be just fine.

Sarcasm aside, obviously, those guys are all d-bags....curious what the sentiment is about Donny Vincent? Certainly seems like a capable outdoorsman, hunter, etc. Sure he's just another influencer, but if I had to pick one that was tolerable, it may be him.
Haha don’t get me wrong, there are some real pieces of work out there.

But most of the ME crew, Newberg, etc, seem like genuine folks who I’d enjoy sharing a hunt or a beer with, even if I don’t like how they have popularized some aspects of the sport.

Sorry, enough of the thread hijack. Most seem like pretty decent hunters too!

nobody

WKR
Anyone know the Born and Raised guys? I’ve always enjoyed their stuff.
Never talked to them until about a week ago. My cousin in law was diagnosed with stage 4 rectal cancer, and his idols are the born and raised dudes. My cousin is 41, but due to a mental disability, he’s about 11 or 12. So I emailed born and raised and told them about the situation and asked for a letter I can pass along to make my cousin in law’s day better. Trent reached out to me on my cell phone an hour later asking how he could get a message to my cousin. After messaging for awhile, he sent me a couple minute long video with a message for my cousin containing some really heart warming and genuine stuff. That alone impressed me enough to spend some time watching their videos. Idk about the rest of them, but Trent is a genuinely good man.

nobody

WKR
Genuine question, but why lump the Hush guys in with Bowmars and Muley Freak? I can understand not liking their style or delivery, but isn’t that different from poaching and habitual lawbreaking? I know Eric got caught hunting in Idaho without an archery stamp, but he went right into town and paid the fine and purchased the stamp as far as I understand. Is there something they’ve done that I am missing?

Again, I’m not trying to cause an argument, I just wouldn’t ever put hush and muley freak on the same wavelength ever.

Pacific_Fork

Well Known Rokslider
Genuine question, but why lump the Hush guys in with Bowmars and Muley Freak? I can understand not liking their style or delivery, but isn’t that different from poaching and habitual lawbreaking? I know Eric got caught hunting in Idaho without an archery stamp, but he went right into town and paid the fine and purchased the stamp as far as I understand. Is there something they’ve done that I am missing?

Again, I’m not trying to cause an argument, I just wouldn’t ever put hush and muley freak on the same wavelength ever.

Just two words for you… Fire bull

The only person I don’t know personally who’d I’d hunt with is Matt Rinella. Unless his brother could tolerate my shit talking all night in the tent.

Not Western hunting, though he's done it out West, but Dave Owens is a turkey killer. Pinhoti Project. Helluva turkey caller.

Say what you want, but I like the Hunting Public guys. They kill some big white tails almost all over the country (excluding the SE, they had a wake up call on that front). Sure, they're Insta/YouTube famous, but realistically, the folks with programs on the Outdoor Channel, etc are all on private ground.

nobody

WKR
Just two words for you… Fire bull

The only person I don’t know personally who’d I’d hunt with is Matt Rinella. Unless his brother could tolerate my shit talking all night in the tent.
Didn’t realize the Fire Bull was taken illegally, definitely changes things with them. Thanks for the heads up!

Pacific_Fork

Well Known Rokslider
Didn’t realize the Fire Bull was taken illegally, definitely changes things with them. Thanks for the heads up!
Woah I didn’t say that… it’s an old joke really. Guys made replicas of an “ok” bull and toured the country with them. It deserves to be made fun of that’s it.

Reactions: OMB

Randle

WKR
Ross and Paul Medel are Great guys have met and hung out with. They are as real as it gets when it comes to elk and muley hunters.
Stuck in the rut gets it done and seems down to earth

Last edited:

nobody

WKR
Woah I didn’t say that… it’s an old joke really. Guys made replicas of an “ok” bull and toured the country with them. It deserves to be made fun of that’s it.
Haha now I feel like an idiot. Sorry I didn’t catch your drift