Legit Hunting Personalities

bigbassin

Lil-Rokslider
Not Western hunting, though he's done it out West, but Dave Owens is a turkey killer. Pinhoti Project. Helluva turkey caller.

Say what you want, but I like the Hunting Public guys. They kill some big white tails almost all over the country (excluding the SE, they had a wake up call on that front). Sure, they're Insta/YouTube famous, but realistically, the folks with programs on the Outdoor Channel, etc are all on private ground.
Fan of both of these shows.

I’ve never heard anything negative about the THP guys, seem to be pretty decent at breaking down new ground.

I’ve always felt a lot of the hate they get is more jealousy driven than anything. Who wouldn’t want to get paid to spend their 20s/early 30s hunting the country with a good group of buddies?

GSPHUNTER

WKR
Prolly a guy most have not heard a lot about, but Dan Evenson of Cambridge, Wis. has tagged more tan 50 trophy book big game animals. He has now successfully taken 25 of 29 big game animals that make up the Pope and Young clubs super slam. In Oct. 2022 he shot a 6x7 bull, the first one taken with bow in Wis. in 140 years. He has never taken an animal with a rifle. Just something I thought I would put out there.

Last edited:

MTtrout

WKR
I don’t know who Tom Miranda is but if what was said above about him is true then I’m not missing out and have no respect for that such. Remi, ME crew, and Newberg have always seemed true to heart to me. I know one of the ones I mentioned and they hunt their asses off even when the cameras are turned off.

I know it’s really only cool to hate on the meateater crew, but I’d say Steven Rinella, Janis Putelis and Ryan Callaghan seem pretty legit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
They regularly kill animals on public land without guides?

Seems like if you can't acknowledge that it's an issue with them, not what they did.

wesfromky

WKR
Second/third Clay Hays and THP. The meateater crew seem to do well across a pretty wide range of hunting and fishing.

Just a few guys that have my respect.

Aaron Snyder, Marc Smith, Travis Hobbs, and Sam McKeeth. Im sure most 'sliders know about Snyder and id classify him as a "hunting celebrity". The others are also killers

Sent from my LM-G850 using Tapatalk

CCooper

WKR
Some true killers here on Rokslide too. Some I know personally that could give anyone a run for the money if they didn't have a "real" job cutting into thier hunting time.
@Tony Trietch - just listened to an episode of kifarukast he was on. Dudes a killer.

I always listen when Paul Medel has something to say. @Deadfall spills some pretty good hunting advice on here as well.

I like this thread
I have tons of respect for some of the folks mentioned.
I wouldn’t want Snyder or Remi hunting me. That would be a bad feeling. Marcus’ wife Kara seems pretty damn lethal too!

hunterjmj

WKR
I don't watch much hunting but my kids like the hush guys and we've met them twice at the expo. They are great to the kids never came across arrogant. Other than the over advertised fire bull those guys seem decent.

Werty

WKR
I don’t know who Tom Miranda is but if what was said above about him is true then I’m not missing out and have no respect for that such. Remi, ME crew, and Newberg have always seemed true to heart to me. I know one of the ones I mentioned and they hunt their asses off even when the cameras are turned off.
I would look into Tom Miranda before you come to a conclusion. Tom Miranda is not my favorite, but a hell of an outdoorsman.