Legit Hunting Personalities

I can hate with the best of them. I’m all for a good insta hunter bashing thread but I never see anything on the other side.

I’m curious if anyone has first or second hand examples of where ‘famous’ hunters are legit killers or badass woodsmen?

I have one example of an overrated person first hand but second hand from a guide friend I know, I’ve heard Remi is a true killer.

Who is worth watching and listening to?

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Tom Miranda-- guy comes across as super arrogant, but few others can say they have piled up the animals with a bow that he has.

Some true killers here on Rokslide too. Some I know personally that could give anyone a run for the money if they didn't have a "real" job cutting into thier hunting time.

ODB

WKR
Tom Miranda-- guy comes across as super arrogant, but few others can say they have piled up the animals with a bow that he has.

Some true killers here on Rokslide too. Some I know personally that could give anyone a run for the money if they didn't have a "real" job cutting into thier hunting time.

I have no respect for Tom. He said on a podcast he didn’t necessarily enjoy hunting but he was good at making hunting videos so that’s what kept him hunting.

A high body count does not equal a legit hunter in my book. Feel free to disagree, but you won’t change my mind.

The legit hunters I think of most have never heard of, so I’ll keep it that way.

I have no respect for Tom. He said on a podcast he didn’t necessarily enjoy hunting but he was good at making hunting videos so that’s what kept him hunting.

A high body count does not equal a legit hunter in my book. Feel free to disagree, but you won’t change my mind.

The legit hunters I think of most have never heard of, so I’ll keep it that way.

He didn’t even say he “doesn’t necessarily enjoy hunting” he straight up said he doesn’t go hunting at all unless it is to make a hunting video. It’s just a job now for him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ODB

WKR
He didn’t even say he “doesn’t necessarily enjoy hunting” he straight up said he doesn’t go hunting at all unless it is to make a hunting video. It’s just a job now for him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

right. So he is in essence a market hunter.

I tend to do things I enjoy whether I am paid or not. It is not a stretch to conclude the only enjoyment he derived is from getting paid for a hunting video and not the hunting itself.

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member

For the record he is definitely my lest favorite personality but he simply gets it done(super slam and sci world hunter), which is what this thread was about.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

right. So he is in essence a market hunter.

I tend to do things I enjoy whether I am paid or not. It is not a stretch to conclude the only enjoyment he derived is from getting paid for a hunting video and not the hunting itself.
Really trying not to derail, but I’d love for hunting “celebrities” and their activities to fall under the commodification of wildlife.

nobody

WKR
Say what you want about their product, but a couple of the goHUNT guys are straight up killers, and they put their hunts out there periodically on the ‘tube. Brady Miller is a mule deer master (second only to Robby Denning in 2023, IMO), and Trail Kreitzer is a great archer and elk hunter especially.

Not necessarily hunting “celebrities,” but they’re out on social media and they’re definitely in the industry.

OP
Banded_spooney

I’ve heard him say similar things about bow hunting and I was also put off. Hell of a trapper though