Lefty 6.5 PRC Ready to Race: Tikka RoughTech

On a wish n a prayer I added a Notify Me to EuroOptic a few months ago expecting to never be notified. To my surprise I got an email saying they had left handed 6.5 PRCs in stock. I pulled out a card w little delay and made it happen.

I am not a Tikka slut. Wasn’t really a fan. I’ve had custom chambering for a long time. Had a 257 STW as soon as Layne published the article. Had a 6.5 WSM before there was even a 270 or 7 WSM. But often times there were headaches n hang ups. Feeding. Pressure. Dies. Everything was half ass.

My limited experience w Tikka has been Easy Button and Turn Key. This was no different.

I can’t recall the last time I bought factory ammo. Decades maybe? But wanting to give this thing a rip I grabbed two boxes. Begged for a set of SportsMatch rings and buckled a 3-12 LRHS on top. 1st round bore sight at 100 was only a few inches off. Being fortunate to shoot at my home…made quick work of a legit barrel break in. Now with a whopping 26 rounds down the tube…the down and dirty:

Barrel is slow so far. Only “wasted” two rounds over the Magneto. 2793fps average. ES was good at only 5fps. Hornady ammo 147 Match is pretty hot. Not splattered primers but bolt lift can be sticky on rounds 2-3 in 80F

Fresh clean, Fouled, whatever. It’s close to MOA. Let the barrel cool between rounds a few minutes and it was in the .6’s w factory ammo. Add a Thunderbeast Ultra 7 (it’s threaded 5/8”) and it was pretty straight just .5mil low. I can remember that if needing to swap between can and brake.

Have a new NX8 2.5-20 to finish it off. Geeez…what a pig for such a nice light rifle. For anyone who cares….T084s won’t cut it over 44mm objective. Ask me how I know. Waiting on 073 from Arizona.

But I’d run this rig as it sits all season w a high level of confidence. I just like more Xs

IMG_2705.jpegIMG_2706.jpegIMG_2707.jpegIMG_2708.jpeg