Las Vegas to Salt Lake City

Does anyone have a list of national parks between Vegas and Salt Lake city.
Road trip & spend a lot of time there.. Including arches national park, and everything in between.

Last edited:
The only one that is really on the way is Zion. Arches will be about a 5 hour detour off of a drive from Vegas to SLC. Longer if you actually want to spend time there. You may need a reservation at Arches.

Bryce will be the next closest after Zion. You could drive through Zion and hit 89 towards Bryce then continue to SLC. That's a long day.

Great Basin would be another option.

Canyon Lands and Capitol Reef would be a really long detour as well.

Last edited:
OP
Short Track
I should have been more clear. I want to make a road trip out of it. See all the parks. Spend time there. Maybe 4 days to see Everything between Vegas & Salt Lake City.

I should have been more clear. I want to make a road trip out of it. See all the parks. Spend time there. Maybe 4 days to see Everything between Vegas & Salt Lake City.
Hit Zion then drive to Bryce Canyon. Stay there at Bryce. Take Hwy 12 west. Stop at the petrified forest state park then calf creek falls. When you hit Torrey head west on 24 to Capitol Reef. After that head to Hanksville and hit 95 south to 191 then north. Hit Canyon Lands then Moab and Arches. Head to SLC.

If you want an adventure and have a 4x4 stay in Hanksville and hit the Henry Mts early and look at deer.

You could go longer route and hit the Grand Canyon, head up to the four corners, Canyons NP and then to Arches. Go off roading in Moab or jet boating on the Colorado river. Will be hot as hell and take four days.

The north rim is just under 3 hours from Zion. You could head there after Zion then back track to 89 and hit Bryce. I would do that before I would go to the 4 corners.

dpat

FNG
Heads up most of the bigger National Parks require a reservation for entrance, check online before you get there.

We just got back from a trip to Colorado and Utah including Canyonlands (wife nor I thought it was great) and Arches which we both liked and enjoyed the hikes most were fairly easy. You can enter before 7am or after 5pm without a reservation, which we went in and were hiking 30 minuets before sunrise and hiked just over 6 miles before 8am just to beat the heat. It was 105 one day and 107 the next when we were there.

Take LOTS of water and a cooler with you we drank lots of water.

dpat

FNG
Dead Horse Point State Park is with the entrance fee just for the iconic photo. It is right by the North entrance to Canyonlands. Goblin Valley State park was worth the drive the wife and I both liked it.