Large pack for 10+ day trip similar to the new MR Metcalf 100

TXHunt

Lil-Rokslider
I have a MR sawtooth 45 and love it but needing a large pack for a 10+ day hunt next year. Since I love the MR I have I’m leaning towards the new Metcalf 100 that is a 6,000 cubic inch pack. What other packs are out there that would be similar in size and accommodation a long hunt. I’m a shopper so I’d like to at least look at some others y’all recommend before going out and buying the Metcalf.

pretty sure every brand has a giant pack. Stone glacier terminus, sky guide, sky talus. Kifaru Dall. Exo 7200. Seek unaweep 6300. If you already have a MR frame that you are happy with and fits you well I would probably just order a bigger bag for it.

OP
T

TXHunt

Lil-Rokslider
The mystery ranch Marshall and the Terra plane series are/have larger packs. Both fit on your existing frame.

pretty sure every brand has a giant pack. Stone glacier terminus, sky guide, sky talus. Kifaru Dall. Exo 7200. Seek unaweep 6300. If you already have a MR frame that you are happy with and fits you well I would probably just order a bigger bag for it.
Well, see, I guess I didn’t do enough research. I didn’t realize that. I know MR changed frames so I didn’t realize I could get a new pack for my frame,

While I would never say NOT to buy a new pack, if you aren’t going to do trips of that length all the time, you can probably make do with a smaller pack and using your meat shelf.

IMO the difference between 3-5 days and longer trips tends to be a change of underwear, spare socks and a few more batteries. The rest is consumables like food and water, which will run down through the trip.

Metcalf, terraplne 80, beartooth would all work. You can get adaptor buckles to go from one generation to the other. Bigger packs like the Marshall work too, but I sold mine because I never hauled enough gear to fill it. YMMV.

That’s how I am. My first trip to Alaska I took a Marshall and didn’t come close to filling it, the second time I took a metcalf. Now I use a pintler and a decker pack.

bpeay4

Lil-Rokslider
If you love your current MR just get new bag for the frame. Beartooth, Marshall, Metcal (old model). lots of bag only for sale on the classifieds if youre looking to save a dollar

3Esski

Lil-Rokslider
I have a sawtooth that I switch for the beartooth if I need to haul more stuff. Can usually get by with a dry bag in the meat shelf with my camp that gets dropped when I reach my area, then just hunting with the sawtooth.