Large Black Cats

def90

WKR

Seeknelk

WKR
As for DNR's.. There's a reason why they may deny the existence of an animal that may be on a landscape as it may have huge impacts on their resources/budgets. If they admit to a breeding population of cougars in Minnesota for instance they now have to come up with management plans and everything that goes with that. It's the last thing that an understaffed dept on a tight budget wants to take on.

Wolves have been spotted around Colorado for years but CPW always denied they were here as that would mean opening up a huge can of worms in regards to the ESA and so on.

All in all it does not mean that there are black panthers.
THIS 1000X! There are Mt lions in Michigans U.P. I don't know if they passed thru , wondering from the Dakota's like they've done before but they have been there at least. The tracks were plain as day in the sand in an area some "hillbillys" have seen em. But they weren't black cats they reported but still. The official statement from DNR was same as above. And the unofficial statement from the officers in the field was exactly that as above. Opens a huge can of worm. When proof is undeniable they will them cross that bridge.
Look at the problems for us bobcat trappers in nw Montana the " lynx regions" has caused for us. There's some lynx here but was never lots of them. Had one robbing my marten sets up in the alpine 2 years in a row. He ate a stinky weasel from my conibear! 😂 Found a white foot in the snow below. Now that's not the problems I mean. I don't mind that. It's the crazy trap and set restrictions.
It has only ever been fringe habitat, now it's all about " recover the lynx" . It never was "recovered" here. Same as the few Caribou that were ever in Montana. Was always fringe habitat...edge of their range.
Anyway, I digress....theres monetary and sometime good reasons( good to someone) to say , nah, didn't see it.
LBCs ? Heck if I know. I've seen 8 lions in the wild, including 4 same size at once together. None looked black to me.

KHNC

WKR
Large Black Cat panther cougar mtn lion pumas do NOT exist in the US, besides at the zoo. Except maybe in South Carolina. Some funny stuff down there.

OP
Y

Yarak

WKR
Large Black Cat panther cougar mtn lion pumas do NOT exist in the US, besides at the zoo. Except maybe in South Carolina. Some funny stuff down there.
Yeah ok
And if I close my eyes you won’t be able to see me

jayhawk

WKR
THIS WKR can't wait to do an archery back-country Solo DIY OTC hunt for an LBC or BOAL

Why didnt you shoot it while hunting in the stand? If I ever see a Squatch, its getting lead or the F350 head on.
I think Rinella once said something like "The first person to kill a squatch will be an international hero...the second guy to kill one will go to prison."
:)

def90

WKR

ethan

WKR
The pic above is a prime example of what I was referring to in my earlier post. When I saw the above pic the first thing that popped in my head was I'd bet a hundred bucks that same pic was shared in a dozen different states except they were each taken by somebody buddy "right down the road". There was a picture and story ran in a the newspaper of a mountain lion that was captured on a trail camera in a small town we use to hunt near when I was a kid, turned out... it was a fraud (shockingly!). I literally saw the same picture from a friend that claiming it was recently taken on his buddy's farm in a state about 300 miles north. My friend that showed it to me swore up and down his friend "was a great guy and wouldn't lie about it". But ultimately, I think people will let their minds convince them of what they want to believe.

49ereric

WKR
The pic above is a prime example of what I was referring to in my earlier post. When I saw the above pic the first thing that popped in my head was I'd bet a hundred bucks that same pic was shared in a dozen different states except they were each taken by somebody buddy "right down the road". There was a picture and story ran in a the newspaper of a mountain lion that was captured on a trail camera in a small town we use to hunt near when I was a kid, turned out... it was a fraud (shockingly!). I literally saw the same picture from a friend that claiming it was recently taken on his buddy's farm in a state about 300 miles north. My friend that showed it to me swore up and down his friend "was a great guy and wouldn't lie about it". But ultimately, I think people will let their minds convince them of what they want to believe.
People that actually see the rare LBC believe their eyes. I have no doubt the people I knew saw exactly what they said but they have all passed on now.

Shraggs

WKR
THIS 1000X! There are Mt lions in Michigans U.P. I don't know if they passed thru , wondering from the Dakota's like they've done before but they have been there at least. The tracks were plain as day in the sand in an area some "hillbillys" have seen em. But they weren't black cats they reported but still. The official statement from DNR was same as above. And the unofficial statement from the officers in the field was exactly that as above. Opens a huge can of worm. When proof is undeniable they will them cross that bridge.
Look at the problems for us bobcat trappers in nw Montana the " lynx regions" has caused for us. There's some lynx here but was never lots of them. Had one robbing my marten sets up in the alpine 2 years in a row. He ate a stinky weasel from my conibear! 😂 Found a white foot in the snow below. Now that's not the problems I mean. I don't mind that. It's the crazy trap and set restrictions.
It has only ever been fringe habitat, now it's all about " recover the lynx" . It never was "recovered" here. Same as the few Caribou that were ever in Montana. Was always fringe habitat...edge of their range.
Anyway, I digress....theres monetary and sometime good reasons( good to someone) to say , nah, didn't see it.
LBCs ? Heck if I know. I've seen 8 lions in the wild, including 4 same size at once together. None looked black to me.
There are my lions in west Michigan.

As folks I know in an area had pets not return from potty time, odd sightings of cats - many put trail cams up. Many pics were taken made the local news until DNR held town meeting.

I did not attend. From memory, they confirmed the existence and I think they said it wasn’t normal population expansion but transplants for some reason.

ethan

WKR
People that actually see the rare LBC believe their eyes. I have no doubt the people I knew saw exactly what they said but they have all passed on now.

No disrespect intended, but as I stated in my original post I believe our minds will fill in the blanks to what we don’t understand and things may become blurred. But at the end of the day mountain lions are not black. Black cats are black jaguars and they simply don’t exist in this part of the world and to my knowledge they never have. But everyone is entitled to their opinions, including folks on either side of this topic.

49ereric

WKR
No disrespect intended, but as I stated in my original post I believe our minds will fill in the blanks to what we don’t understand and things may become blurred. But at the end of the day mountain lions are not black. Black cats are black jaguars and they simply don’t exist in this part of the world and to my knowledge they never have. But everyone is entitled to their opinions, including folks on either side of this topic.
I wasn’t telling you what to believe so no worries.
small communities here and we all know each other and a persons word is all they have so we learned to trust some and dismiss others word.
my immediate neighbor for example if he told me it was daylight outside I would pull the curtain back and check.