Large Black Cats

one time about 15 years ago I was driving out of camp at night and saw something in the road. the way it was sitting and staring into the headlights it looked like a monkey lol. the thing never even flinched as I swerved to avoid it. now, we know damn well it wasn't a monkey, but I'll still tell the story that way because it would be no fun to just say it was a skunk or a mink and it's fun to see people go with their imaginations. the power of suggestion is indeed powerful. some people still believe in the loch ness monster.

Around 22 years ago a pack of Monkeys escaped a zoo in Richmond VA. They shut down I-64 throwing Osage Oranges at passing cars, then slipped off into the trees. Not far outside of the area are large swaths of timber country and they weren't all recovered.

I'd say it's pretty doubtful, but it's not impossible you actually did see a monkey??

About 10 years ago while making rounds as a pumper in east Texas I saw a large black cat. Cat was sitting around 50 yards in front of me in middle of lease road. Tail had to have been around three foot long.

Around 22 years ago a pack of Monkeys escaped a zoo in Richmond VA. They shut down I-64 throwing Osage Oranges at passing cars, then slipped off into the trees. Not far outside of the area are large swaths of timber country and they weren't all recovered.

I'd say it's pretty doubtful, but it's not impossible you actually did see a monkey??
:ROFLMAO: that's definitely getting worked in to my story next time I tell it

Deer don't come in albino or piebald either.

Please share a species that can survive in the Selkirk grizzly zone, stretch clear across a fs road and bail off a cliff of 60ish feet when encountered by a human.
Uhh what? Lol. Deer do come in albino/piebald, very well documented, and cougars can stretch across the length of a FS road in the Selkirks and drop 60 foot cliffs. So I guess my answer is, Cougar?

OP
Y

Yarak

WKR
There is some funny stuff being posted but we’ve had very few sighting reports
I guess most people are afraid of ridicule or mockery …..me i simply don’t care
Two of my sightings were during daylight hours and as close as they were there was no mistaking what it was or how big they were

OP
Y

Yarak

WKR
ok, I just want to know what you think it was.
I don’t think but I do know these were LBC’s
What species grow to the sizes I’ve described ?
Science says there is no melanism in the puma family….I’m ok with that
The only thing I can describe them as is a LBC
I know at one time there were jaguars all over the south and southeast
Is it possible there are still pockets of them left in these area ? Who knows ?