Large Black Cats

Pdzoller

WKR
I got no idea what people are seeing as I haven’t been witness to it.

Jaguar most definitely live in Mexico. Mexico is part of North America. They historically lived throughout the southern states. Roughly 10% of jaguars are “black”.
Feel free to fact check this. 033AB877-3637-442C-BDC8-CF35CFB459CC.png

I personally don’t think it’s likely that there are any currently in the US but I wouldn’t be overly surprised if one did turn up on a trail camera some day.

kpk

WKR
I grew up in southern MN in a small town of about 1.000. When I was in high school there was rumor of a mountain lion around - this was WAY before confirmed sightings in MN, IA, WI. Town was split between the non-believers and the crazies. DNR ended up shooting the mountain lion while it was sunbathing on the nursing home lawn one day.

There have also been several mountain lions hit by cars on the south side of the Twin Cities in the last few years. I don't know about LBCs, but mountain lions definitely show up where they aren't expected and could easily be mistaken dependent on the lighting.

OdinIII

Lil-Rokslider
I personally don’t think it’s likely that there are any currently in the US but I wouldn’t be overly surprised if one did turn up on a trail camera some day.

They’ve seen them as recently as 2021. There’s probably a few in Arizona and NM.

Drenalin

WKR
I saw one today on the way home from work. Near dusk but PLENTY of light to see by and standing on a field edge. Sucker must have been 3-ft nose to tail, maybe bigger, and jet black. What else could it be??

OdinIII

Lil-Rokslider
I saw one today on the way home from work. Near dusk but PLENTY of light to see by and standing on a field edge. Sucker must have been 3-ft nose to tail, maybe bigger, and jet black. What else could it be??

I saw a similar one at the trash compactor the other day and almost took a photo for proof. It was jet black and I’m certain it wasn’t a jaguar or leopard.

OP
Y

Yarak

WKR
I saw a similar one at the trash compactor the other day and almost took a photo for proof. It was jet black and I’m certain it wasn’t a jaguar or leopard.
Third grade was so much fun that grown people want to relive it

OdinIII

Lil-Rokslider
Third grade was so much fun that grown people want to relive it
I thought you'd like someone else with a documented sighting. Any proof we believers can get will help the cause since Biologist, science and 200,000,000+ cameras in the US have come up short.

NRA4LIFE

WKR
I most certainly seen one in SE MT in 1989. Looked to be a black or very dark colored cougar, long tail and all. A couple of the ranchers had seen it as well.

Kenn

Lil-Rokslider
I’ve seen a few color phase bobcats and have known a couple guys who have trapped them
Definitely not what I encountered
Beautiful bobcat though
I would seriously like to know about how many typical cougars you've seen.

OP
Y

Yarak

WKR
I would seriously like to know about how many typical cougars you've seen.
Never saw one but my FIL said he saw one and there have been reports around the state of sightings especially in south Alabama

Who knows what lurks in those woods said my buddy to me, then he said here hold my beer while I take a picture of this catamount one evening in the back hills of WVA. on a trout fishing trip. Right there I knew we brought to many cases of beer along. 😉 Nothing like enhanced vision from a Budweiser can.

OneShot

Lil-Rokslider
Animals that are super rare are, black coyotes, albino deer, piebald deer, yet we see clear Live Photos, clear videos and dead photos. As many sighting of these black panthers that we read about on forums and Facebook, there should be pictures of them all over. Go get on an Arkansas or Oklahoma hunting page on Facebook. These MF’s have more black cat sighting than they do Boone and Crockett bucks. But none of them can provided a picture.

OP
Y

Yarak

WKR
Who knows what lurks in those woods said my buddy to me, then he said here hold my beer while I take a picture of this catamount one evening in the back hills of WVA. on a trout fishing trip. Right there I knew we brought to many cases of beer along. 😉 Nothing like enhanced vision from a Budweiser can.
While I agree with your assessment on drinking and seeing things I’ll let everyone know I don’t use alcohol or any other substances that pollute the mind and body