La Sportive Synthesis GTX

jgeary338

Lil-Rokslider
those look like just what im looking for, been trying to decide between the salomon speed cross or something like this.

motts

Lil-Rokslider
I tried a pair on a couple months ago at REI and they just didn't work for me; I went with the Salomon X-Ultra's instead. They didn't provide as much support as I was hoping for and the speed lacing didn't allow me to really lock my foot into the boot. I also want to say that the lacing didn't stay put for me, but I don't totally remember as it was a while ago already. They might work for you, but I was unimpressed.

kodiakfly

WKR
I tried on a pair, but I was looking at them from the point of view of a summer time trainer. Everyone is different, but I wouldn't even call it a "boot." I've been a Sportiva guy a long time, and for lightweight boot I've worn Trangos. And with them, you get Italian quality that Sportiva is known for. This is a glorified trail shoe...and that's not a bad thing. It's just not something I'd trust to hunt and pack in.

OP
RyanC

RyanC

WKR
Thanks for the response guys. The lacing definitely worried me....I don't like speed lacing personally. I will have to take a look at the Trangos. Also considering the Salomon Quest and Lowa Renegade.

Ryan