La Sportive Synthesis GTX

those look like just what im looking for, been trying to decide between the salomon speed cross or something like this.

I tried a pair on a couple months ago at REI and they just didn't work for me; I went with the Salomon X-Ultra's instead. They didn't provide as much support as I was hoping for and the speed lacing didn't allow me to really lock my foot into the boot. I also want to say that the lacing didn't stay put for me, but I don't totally remember as it was a while ago already. They might work for you, but I was unimpressed.

I tried on a pair, but I was looking at them from the point of view of a summer time trainer. Everyone is different, but I wouldn't even call it a "boot." I've been a Sportiva guy a long time, and for lightweight boot I've worn Trangos. And with them, you get Italian quality that Sportiva is known for. This is a glorified trail shoe...and that's not a bad thing. It's just not something I'd trust to hunt and pack in.

Thanks for the response guys. The lacing definitely worried me....I don't like speed lacing personally. I will have to take a look at the Trangos. Also considering the Salomon Quest and Lowa Renegade.

Ryan

Back