Lowa Alpine SL GTX?

TJE0705

Lil-Rokslider
Hey guys, I was wondering if anyone had the Lowa Alpine SL GTX boots? I have been a long time Lowa Tibet GTX Hi user and have been happy with them but as everyone knows they are a bit heavy. I have some renegades as well that I use for light hikes , so in general I have been happy with Lowa Products and the two that I have fit my feet well. This being said I have an Early Archery Elk hunt this year and an October Aoudad hunt in west Texas. I was looking for a lighter boot and came across the Alpine SL’s. They look good on paper I was just hoping to get some real world input. Also if you think these are a no go I’d love to hear your recommendations for a good boot for the above listed hunts. Keep in mind I wear a size 14 so that is a bit of a limiting factor. Thanks guys!

Recondo

FNG
Hey guys, I was wondering if anyone had the Lowa Alpine SL GTX boots? I have been a long time Lowa Tibet GTX Hi user and have been happy with them but as everyone knows they are a bit heavy. I have some renegades as well that I use for light hikes , so in general I have been happy with Lowa Products and the two that I have fit my feet well. This being said I have an Early Archery Elk hunt this year and an October Aoudad hunt in west Texas. I was looking for a lighter boot and came across the Alpine SL’s. They look good on paper I was just hoping to get some real world input. Also if you think these are a no go I’d love to hear your recommendations for a good boot for the above listed hunts. Keep in mind I wear a size 14 so that is a bit of a limiting factor. Thanks guys!
I never had that exact boot however, I had at least 6 different Lowa tactical and hiking boots over the years. And for the money I just love that brand. Walking through dense forests, streams and rivers, over rocks, etc and never a problem with an eyelet, a sole or water leakage. My advice is get them and I can all but guarantee you will be satisfied.

Redwing

Lil-Rokslider
I haven't worn the Alpine SL. But... they are rated as mountaineering boots, which means they'll be very stiff. Considerably stiffer than your Tibets. If that's what you're looking for than go for it, but you may be happier with something like the Ticam II or the Cadin.

Try them on before purchasing if that's possible.

Sent from my SM-A326U1 using Tapatalk

I have actual experience. Ultra light and great build quality. Stiff sole with minimal flex. Medium amount of ankle support. Would be a fantastic mountain boot for me other than the fact that the heel pocket has no padding and I get blisters there while hiking uphill. That area of the boot is rock hard, especially compared to my Scarpa mountaineering boots or Hanwag Frictions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk