KUIU's Best Items

cgippe

Lil-Rokslider
Guide jacket
Bino harness (would be the very best with Range finder add on they are developing)
Yukon pro glove

Flojoe

FNG
Attack Pants
Northstar Gloves
Peleton 240 full zip

Hopefully I can pick up the hooded 240 full zip during the sale.

twall13

WKR
For those who use the zip off long johns, anyone have a preference between the merino and the Peloton bottoms? I'm sold on the zip off idea and normally would go merino all the way but with these being easier to take off I'd likely only wear them at the beginning or end of the day so the stink factor might not be as big a concern. Would the Peloton be more durable? How about comfort? Either way I'd run them as an additional layer over my normal boxers if that makes any difference comfortwise. I'm thinking of picking one or the other up on their sale this week...

blackdog

Lil-Rokslider
Attack pants for sure is #1. Those are awesome. I tried a pair of Tiburon pants this past archery season and really like them as well for warmer hunts but it will be interesting to see how they hold up.
Bino harness, chugach rain gear, and superdown jacket are also always with me. I've had my original version guide jacket from the VERY begining and I've now only worn it about 5 times. I just can't find a place for it. I got a Chinook jacket last year and wear that nearly every day now during fall hunts.

xziang

WKR
I tried their zip off's LJ this year and will be buying another set but in a bigger size the ones I purchased weren't long enough.

VERY nice to be able to take them off without having to remove your boots!
Also + one for the gaiters too.

Stwrt9

WKR
For those who use the zip off long johns, anyone have a preference between the merino and the Peloton bottoms? I'm sold on the zip off idea and normally would go merino all the way but with these being easier to take off I'd likely only wear them at the beginning or end of the day so the stink factor might not be as big a concern. Would the Peloton be more durable? How about comfort? Either way I'd run them as an additional layer over my normal boxers if that makes any difference comfortwise. I'm thinking of picking one or the other up on their sale this week...

I have not had a chance to try the peloton zip offs as i prefer the 145's they are really comfortable for me and i see no reason to change over to the peloton. Also if your considering the 210's ive heard you should size up as the aren't as stretchy and run small. You won't be disappointed with the 145's.

tracker12

WKR
Problem with the Kuiu sale is nothing is in stock in the size and or color I want.

twall13

WKR
I have not had a chance to try the peloton zip offs as i prefer the 145's they are really comfortable for me and i see no reason to change over to the peloton. Also if your considering the 210's ive heard you should size up as the aren't as stretchy and run small. You won't be disappointed with the 145's.
Thanks. How warm are the 145's? I was leaning towards the warmer version until your comments.

I have a pair of the medium 210 merino's and they are still a little big around the waist. I have a 32" waist and Velcro them up as tight as they will go but they still will slowly work there way down my hips as I'm walking around.

Anyone have the chinook pants? Love my alpine pants never new how nice the padded knees were until used them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
robie

robie

WKR
I tried their zip off's LJ this year and will be buying another set but in a bigger size the ones I purchased weren't long enough.

VERY nice to be able to take them off without having to remove your boots!
Also + one for the gaiters too.

They all run like high waters and are made to be tight, 1 size up for sure if you don't want to have to stretch them over you skin.

Anyone have the chinook pants? Love my alpine pants never new how nice the padded knees were until used them

Have you gotten your alpines wet? You may want to test them a set mine did not have a DWR.

I bought them last summer and wore them last weekend in 35 degree light rain and snow. They wet out and I froze my ass off all I will say they dried fast. But I was miserable in between intervals of wetting and drying. Fortunately it was a day hunt and I was close enough to home to swap them out for the next day. I am glad I wasn't chasing furry critters far away on some high dollar hunt way up in the mountains when I figured this out.

Apparently kuiu pulled the DWR from the description of the Alpines and now claim they weren't meant to have a DWR in the last 2 years. 4 emails and a call later to kuiu and I am still waiting for them to make it right.

I really like the design, fit and feel. Especially the pockets and knee pads. Wish they performed like they are supposed to.

This was my first year using the ultra 3000 pack. Used it as a day pack and packed out two bulls with it. It was really nice coming out with a full quarter on the first trip. Used the alpine pants throughout September and really liked them. Chugach rain jacket is the best rain gear I've ever used.

Have you gotten your alpines wet? You may want to test them a set mine did not have a DWR.

I bought them last summer and wore them last weekend in 35 degree light rain and snow. They wet out and I froze my ass off all I will say they dried fast. But I was miserable in between intervals of wetting and drying. Fortunately it was a day hunt and I was close enough to home to swap them out for the next day. I am glad I wasn't chasing furry critters far away on some high dollar hunt way up in the mountains when I figured this out.

Apparently kuiu pulled the DWR from the description of the Alpines and now claim they weren't meant to have a DWR in the last 2 years. 4 emails and a call later to kuiu and I am still waiting for them to make it right.

I really like the design, fit and feel. Especially the pockets and knee pads. Wish they performed like they are supposed to.

I bought knowing they were early season pant. I love them for that but I will agree not meant for wet or cold.

Pramo

WKR
I tried almost everything they made and sold most of it. Here is what I have left and really like and use for most all my hunts

Attack pants and mine look awful but still my favorite pants
Merino 145 zip shirts
Merino neck gaiters
Merino beanie
Gaiters
Chugach Jacket