Kuiu, Sitka, First Lite, Core 4, Kryptek...what say you?

Aron Snyder

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
This horse can never be beaten to much!

What's your clothing line of choice?

What's your favorite piece of clothing from each system?

Attachments

• IMG_0575.jpg
    IMG_0575.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_0692.jpg
    IMG_0692.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_1020.jpg
    IMG_1020.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_2118.jpg
    IMG_2118.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 25
  • P8230296.jpg
    P8230296.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 22

Ozz08

WKR
I use a few pieces from core 4, Sitka , and first lite. I love the red desert boxer briefs from first lite. What a breath of fresh air ( pun intended) moving from UA boxer briefs. Ups just delivered a pair of Sitka mountain pants and I think I will really like these.

dotman

WKR
Mainly first lite but a little core4 also. I prefer the first lite, just feels better for a base layer. Outter layer is Cabelas microtex, good stuff at a great price.

Last edited:
I ran KUIU this year and honestly I have been making some inquiries and I am strongly considering First Lite through and through in Max-1. I am and always have been a wool guy and I finally got my hands on Kenton's stuff at ATA show this year and I am sold!!!

luke moffat

Super Moderator
For Base Layers I the First Lite stuff.
Insulation Layer the Sitka Kelvin stuff is pretty sweet.
Rain Gear I'd opt for Kuiu

But I'll be so not camo coordinated I'd likely never get an animal. :D

I like KUIU. Also like wolfskin material by grey wolf woolens. I use the unlined wolfskin for most of my hunts. Also use first lite base layers.
DSC_3897.jpg

R

rebecca francis

I am personally a Prois believer! But that is because it is the best women's line out there! It's comparable to Sitka but made for us girls!

flytrait

Lil-Rokslider
My favorite so far are my mountain pants by sitka I just ordered a pair of timberlines as well I this the doubled knee and seat are going to be a little better than the mountain pant.

GrayGhost

FNG
I really like the Sitka Gear but I really do believe they are pricing themselves away from the budget conscious DIY hunter. They make great stuff but it is hard to justify $400 plus dollars for a pair of hunting paints when you have cloths to buy for an 8 &10 yr. old kids that are growing every six months.

dotman

WKR
I like KUIU. Also like wolfskin material by grey wolf woolens. I use the unlined wolfskin for most of my hunts. Also use first lite base layers.
DSC_3897.jpg

Was this your face shot for your new hunting show on the outdoor channel :)

Wool is king in my book. But, it is heavy and requires a wind block. I have a heap of First Lite that is first rate. I bought a hooded fleece from Cabela's (Windshear) and it leaves me feeling wet. It doesn't breathe at all. I want to get an upgrade but wonder if the Kuiu, UA or Sitka does the same. Any suggestions?

I use Kuiu, big fan of their gear. Debating on getting the chugach set for my raingear. I'm a big fan of the Kuiu merino tops, and the attack pants. Can't beat em!

snuffnm

FNG
I have a bunch of Sitka stuff from the past few years and love every piece I own. Last year I bought a few pieces of Kuiu and now prefer it over my Sitka. When I first started using Sitka I never thought there would/could be anything better, but Jason has done it with Kuiu. If someone were intereted just research the Kuiu site to see the difference in materials actually used.

In my opinion KRYPTEK is hands down the quietest softest material out on the market. At its price and for traditional bow hunters you cant beat it. The Cadog Kit is also interlaced with DWR-2 to keep you dry. Its pockets are made for ease of use when rocking a pack and its fleece lined in all the right places to make it feel like you are a naked in bed NO LIE. Being in the Military and I know there are a few more on here or were but I have always had the cheapest bidder and maybe looks are for you but if you want flawless gear get KRYPTEK there motto is Battle field to Back country and its Combat proven ideas and materials and given an outdoor enthusiast twist and this is it if you have a Cabelas Check it personally and put it on you wont be sorry and neither will your wallet!

Jared Bloomgren

Super Moderator
Staff member
I am having a dilemma. I have been using Sitka and love it (older stuff from when I was on staff). Want to try Kuiu. And have won some Kryptek and awaiting its arrival. I am a Mossy Oak pro staffer so it limits what I use. I think that may have to change soon in order for me to use what is best for me. I will be taking everyone's opinions into account. I still need to test the Russell Outdoor gears well.

J-Rod,

I am glad you mentioned the Russell APX gear in there. I have a buddy that runs their stuff and LOVES it. He also ordered some Kryptek stuff and was disappointed ( I have never gotten to feel it or play with their stuff ). I can't run synthetics anymore. I have been cold too many times to even look at them any more. Merino Wool is the only next to skin and layering stuff for me. KUIU is what I am running now and FIRST LITE is weighing VERY Heavy on my mind. I talked to a bunch of contacts at the ATA this year who have been using their stuff and also made a swing by the First Lite booth. PLUS they offer Max-1 which is my number 1 pattern on the market for what I hunt, when and where. AND J-Rod...they offer MO Infinity!!!!! FYI ;)