Kuiu or sitka

Wireman07

WKR
Looking at getting the Kuiu Axis Jacket or the Sitka Jetstream. Which one would be a better jacket, as they seem similar. TIA

Hoss1984

FNG
Looking at getting the Kuiu Axis Jacket or the Sitka Jetstream. Which one would be a better jacket, as they seem similar. TIA
If weight is an issue kuiu is normally lighter. Besides that they are both amazing products.

tdot

WKR
The jet stream jacket is one of the best pieces of hunting clothing I’ve ever owned. Amazing jacket.

What makes it so amazing? I keep seeing people say that, but no one ever says why.

Havent found it locally to check out personally.

I would go with the axis. I made the switch and am happy with what I consider an upgrade in the axis. Jetstream just flat works, it’s tough and blocks wind no question. The problem is the Jetstream just is t very breathable, and it will wet out in wet snow or snow/sleet. I switched to the axis so I could stop carrying a hard shell late in the year, gain breathability and a slightly roomier fit in the arms. They are both great jackets but I feel like the axis takes the positives from the Jetstream and adds more positives in the Jetstream negative areas. Real use has shown no noticeable difference in wind blocking so far with maybe 15-20 mph Max wind with temps in the low 20s before windchill. I can fit an extra layer under the jacket in the arms compared to the Jetstream. Wore the jacket on a late season cow hunt Super Bowl Sunday and shot a cow around 5 miles in with snow mid shin to knee deep. Plenty of elevation and high exertion but was wearing the jacket all day, I did open the pit zips but not for very long. I know for a fact I would have been drowning in the Jetstream with equal layers or freezing because I couldn’t wear the jacket without getting soaked. I’ve been in that situation with the Jetstream many times along with wetter conditions that make me question why I’m using the jacket at all.

sr80

WKR
ive had both, and both are great. I think the jetstream is warmer, more fleece insulation. Blocks wind better too. I found it to breath pretty good too, with it on i didnt need as many layers compared to the axis. But really pick what camo you wanna wear and i think you'd be happy with either or

I just got the Jetstream jacket and really like it. I normally wear XL (6'3" 220) and got a XXL. I'm glad I did fits perfect with a little room.

MajorAR

Lil-Rokslider
I have both. I honestly can't tell the difference in how they perform. Sitka might be just a touch warmer.

What makes it so amazing? I keep seeing people say that, but no one ever says why.

Havent found it locally to check out personally.

The jeststream is versatile. Its a bit warm for the early season but can work. It has great breathability yet cuts the wind like a wall. The pit zips shed heat and perspiration great. I treat mine with waterproofing spray to help shed water as long as it can. The coat is tough, great pockets and can be used with layer underneath in cold weather as well.

Kotaman

WKR
Between the Axis and Jetstream, I prefer the Jetstream for most of the reasons already listed above. Cuts the wind, breaths very well with the pit zips open, but can be warm enough.

OP
Wireman07

Wireman07

WKR
Ive been trying to decide between the two as well. Does Kuiu have any wing blocking capabilities?
It sounds like the Axis is great at blocking wind. There has been a few people tell me that the Axis is just as good as the jetstream at blocking wind, and the axis runs alittle bigger for layering, I think I'm leaning towards the Axis, it's a tough decision!

Hunter24

FNG
I’ve been happy with both. Generally I’ve found that kuiu is a bit lighter, while Sitka is a bit more durable with more features. Overall I’m partial to Sitka

Nuther vote for Sitka, better product and better customer care after the sale.

MOOSEMAN2.jpg

Last edited:
I've got the Jetstream and love it. Warm and blocks the wind like no one's business. You can't really go wrong either way. Price is a toss up so as the others have said pick the one you think looks the most bad ass and roll with it.
If you don't love your choice you'll have either sold in a day or 2 on the forum.

OP
Wireman07

Wireman07

WKR
I've got the Jetstream and love it. Warm and blocks the wind like no one's business. You can't really go wrong either way. Price is a toss up so as the others have said pick the one you think looks the most bad ass and roll with it.
If you don't love your choice you'll have either sold in a day or 2 on the forum.
I think I've decided on the Jetstream, now just stuck on which color I want, either between moss or subalpine!