Kuhl Wyldefire?

BTShooter

FNG
Hi Folks! Does anyone have experience with the Kuhl Wyldefire jacket? I have several camo items from Sitka and Kuiu, but nothing from Kuhl. I'm looking for a solid color winter jacket I can wear around town without layering (into the 20s F). I love my Sitka Jetstream, but want something a bit warmer than that. The Wyldefire seems to fit the bill, and I like the look, but there aren't many thorough reviews available. Thanks!

wnelson14

WKR
I got it and returned it due to fit, it's definitely on the slimmer & longer side.
I'm 5' 8" 190 am a large in Kuiu and Sitka and most other things sometimes a medium on outer layers. The jacket itself would have had little room for layering, but probably not needed for in the 20s, that thing was like an oven and seemed awesome. I would have kept it if it was around an inch or so shorter in the torso or closer to the $200 mark, but since its pretty pricy and wasn't perfect I opted to return. I do believe this jacket is pretty unique and nothing else like it.
If you're looking for something similar which I also am basically same case as yourself, I have tried the Element from Kuiu (Currently the winner, tags still attached), Paka Parka (Also an awesome jacket and same fit at the Kuhl so I returned, now have a Duckworth Woolcloud being delivered today to try. Hope this helps

OP
B

BTShooter

FNG
I got it and returned it due to fit, it's definitely on the slimmer & longer side.
I'm 5' 8" 190 am a large in Kuiu and Sitka and most other things sometimes a medium on outer layers. The jacket itself would have had little room for layering, but probably not needed for in the 20s, that thing was like an oven and seemed awesome. I would have kept it if it was around an inch or so shorter in the torso or closer to the $200 mark, but since its pretty pricy and wasn't perfect I opted to return. I do believe this jacket is pretty unique and nothing else like it.
If you're looking for something similar which I also am basically same case as yourself, I have tried the Element from Kuiu (Currently the winner, tags still attached), Paka Parka (Also an awesome jacket and same fit at the Kuhl so I returned, now have a Duckworth Woolcloud being delivered today to try. Hope this helps
Thanks, that's helpful. I'm 5'10" 185, depending on the holiday. Sitka L is great for me, Kuiu L is ok, starting to get a little snug in the shoulders, depending on the garment. The Wyldefire may be dead on for me.

Edited: I see on the Kuhl website that an XL is for chest size 44-46, that may be a better fit for me.

Last edited: