Kuiu bird vest fall 2024

OP
sndmn11

sndmn11

Well Known pink hat wearing Rokslider
I'm slightly considering. I piece-mealed a marsupial belt and various attachments, and then have been using my Seek Outside Merlin. I've had a vest in the past, but adding the puppy changed my priorities to mostly stuff for her. I also felt they were muggy.

Added a pink hat pic...
PXL_20240922_132350586.jpgPXL_20240902_170000177.jpg

The carbon stay and how they have the backpack/water thing away from the body probably solves the muggy complaint.

IMG_7711.JPG

The KUIU waist belt and stay are more structured and backpack-like than the Final Rise, but the FR has a much better lumbar pad on the back. It was very easy to load the bird basket. Shoulder straps are very close in thickness. The velcro is easily pretty strong and the pockets have more rigidity on the top, being much more structured than the FR.

I don't know how I feel about the bladder being on the very back. The waist belt was all the way sinched on my 30-inch waist, but felt comfortable carrying 15 pounds. I think I like the Final Rise a little better. The Phone holder held my iPhone 13, but was hard to back out. I jumped and ran with the phone staying put.

Pros:
-Phone holder
-Felt great
-Carries weight well

Cons:
-30 Inch Wasit on S/M
-Doesn't fit 12 gauge boxes, but fits 28 gauge box very tightly

Attachments

• IMG_7711.JPG
    IMG_7711.JPG
    442.6 KB · Views: 2