Kuiu Announcement Deleted?

I can't find the thread I posted yesterday about the Kuiu announcement. Was it accidentally deleted? I was hoping to hear what other people thought about the announcement.

OP
rodney.black
I guess I missed that... can you give me a little summary? Why did it get nasty?

mAv

Lil-Rokslider
I was sort of wondering the same thing- I was probably the most skeptical of all the posts on there, but was more sharing my perspective of the whole deal as a potential customer rather than any sort of bashing of Kuiu.

After kuiu stopped sponsoring the site some of the members have declared them a hostile threat. Ill admit I sold a bunch of my kuiu stuff but it had nothing to do with rokslide. I didn't like the "feeling" I was getting from kuiu and I felt like the owner had created this elitist attitude. Being a veteran I chose to sponsor a veteran based company that I felt good about how the owners were running things. I still think kuiu makes great clothes though. I have no idea why some people took everything so personal but they have and it's unfortunate. I simply chose not to buy their products. People here were actually suspect of the price lowering, which I think is funny. If first lite or kryptek announced price drops people would celebrate the companies dedication to its customers.

It was rapidly turning into a kuiu bash so I think the moderators did a good thing taking it down. It seems the members took the kuiu fallout much harder than the rokslide staff

OP
rodney.black
I don't really get the bashing that keeps going on. I am sure I have done it in the past and not really realized it. If something does not work for you, thats fine. You are entitled to share your opinion like everyone else. But that product may work well for other people. By turning these threads into cyber wars we are getting away from the true purpose of Rokslide. I come here to discuss hunting tactics and gear and learn from other peoples experiences as well as share my own.

When these threads turn into a pissing match the good information (whether it is positive or negative about the given subject) is forever lost when the thread is deleted.

Shrek

WKR
Huh , I thought the true purpose of Rokslide was to make money for the owners . We benefit by having a place to learn , exchange ideas , and have conversations. Kuiu doesn't want to pay so freeloading announcements will probably get squashed. Organic conversation about products that happen to touch upon some of their products is probably going to fly but straight up advertising of new pricing and products isn't , no matter how well...or poorly disguised. Just a guess on my part though.

voidecho

Lil-Rokslider
^Are you saying Rodney works for KUIU and was advertising for them?

jlsteel

FNG
If I could place a bet in Vegas that this thread will also be deleted, I'll be a rich man

OP
rodney.black
The prices of gear being lowered seems like a topic worthy of conversation to me. I work hard to be able to buy the gear I want to use. Information like this is relevant to me. I thought other people on here who work hard all week to be able to pursue their passion would agree and be happy that gear is becoming more affordable.

Even for non-kuiu fans, by Kuiu lowering their prices it will hopefully put pressure on other companies to lower their prices. I see this as a positive for the hunter no matter what their gear of choice is.

Shrek

WKR
I have no way of knowing but posting their new pricing when Rokslide and Kuiu have had a falling out is imo insulting to the owners who are working hundreds of hours a year and paying for server space and software . Whether compensated or just enthusiastic about the product it is still working to help them freeload. There are a couple of really great clothing companies that are paying to keep this place going who are in direct competition.

Trr15

WKR
This is just getting silly. I have to deal with enough politics and red tape at work. Didn't plan on dealing with that here.

colonel00

WKR
Hmm, that is a slippery slope, Shrek. While I can understand your point a little, it soon leads into the idea that you cannot post about gear or gear deals unless they are a sponsor of the site. I agree that forum members should be aware of who the sponsors are and try to support them when they can. However, I also believe that posting on a Kuiu price decrease is no different than posting about a GoLite sale or price reductions at Cabela's who to my knowledge aren't sponsors.

Huh , I thought the true purpose of Rokslide was to make money for the owners . We benefit by having a place to learn , exchange ideas , and have conversations. Kuiu doesn't want to pay so freeloading announcements will probably get squashed. Organic conversation about products that happen to touch upon some of their products is probably going to fly but straight up advertising of new pricing and products isn't , no matter how well...or poorly disguised. Just a guess on my part though.

i would be willing to bet if you asked any of the owners this site is not a get rich plan, and i doubt they believe that is the purpose of the site at all.

Shrek

WKR
I would agree that it is a slippery slope . However , there seems to be a concerted effort to keep kuiu threads going right after an ugly split. Like I said , I don't think there is any issues with a natural conversation about all kinds of gear but kuiu is a special situation imo. I also want to add that I in no way speak for anyone who actually owns this joint. I'm speaking only from my sense of right and wrong.

Shrek

WKR
Tipsntail7 , I bet you're right that it's not a get rich quick scheme but I would bet they hope to be reasonably compensated for their efforts. This place is way more sophisticated than a simple labor of charity. Those are ads top and bottom and to the right. There is a paying sponsors list and we are encouraged to patronize them. I sometimes suffer from diarrhea of the mouth and constipation of the brain but I do try to patronize the sponsors who pay for this site and I encourage others to remember who is buttering our bread.

I am also am willing to bet that the owners have zero problems with people talking about kuiu or any competition for that matter. the owners as far as i know and gather from talking to a few of them realize Comp is a good thing and breathes life and innovation into the hunting world. they may not agree what a particular owner says or how he represents himself but products are freely talked about here on a daily basis that have nothing to do with rokslide. the real reason why threads get deleted is because bias buffoons jump on every single post they can and make snide comments and remarks and it spirals down hill from there. Or people that have a love obssesion with kuiu get on hear just to stir things up. im sure the mods and owners are exhausted by this childish behavior and im sure they are not the only ones.

jlsteel

FNG
I don't think there is a concerted effort to make Kay you eye you threads. I think they are one of the larger and more popular hunting companies and therefore naturally command more discussion on the message boards. By proposing to block, ban, or limit threads related to non-sponsoring brands we the members are quickly turning this once mostly unbiased site into a very biased site which is not what the mods want.

Shrek

WKR
I wouldn't want any bans of discussing any companies. I personally feel uncomfortable with what appear to be naked promotional threads for non sponsors but I'm just riding this bus not driving it.