Kowa Genny 8x33

I have Kowa 10.5x44s and a 554 spotter for hunting the open spaces of the western states and couldn't ask for better performing glass. I'm considering the purchase of a pair of Genesis 8x33s for the thick whitetail woods back east. I'm pretty certain that they'll excel just as the other Kowas, but looking for some personal experiences from owners who have and use them for the same purpose.
My only hesitation is that I'm just a bit skeptical that 8X might still be a bit much. Thinking that 6X would be perfect for picking apart dense woods/timber, but don't know of any premium glass in 6X to use as a comparison. Am I overthinking this? Any help?

Bkdc

FNG
The most practical 6 is the Kowa BDii-XD 6.5x32 but it is a big step down from a Genesis. The 6.5x32 is what I keep in my glove compartment.

Rodéo

WKR
You could look into the maven b.3 6x30 as well. I've always wanted a pair but never looked through one. I have first hand experience with the 8x30 b.3's and can tell you they have excellent glass. Never seen the kowa 8x33's in person so no help there. Probably a good idea to demo the maven 6x30's and buy the 8x33's and return the one you don't like. If you have the time and $ of course.

Detect

WKR
Genny 8x33 is really nice. I use B3 8x30 because it's lighter weight. I didn't like the two B3 6x30 I tried. BDII 6.5x32 was good for its price range, but no Genny.

binoman

FNG
Genny 8x33 is really nice. I use B3 8x30 because it's lighter weight. I didn't like the two B3 6x30 I tried. BDII 6.5x32 was good for its price range, but no Genny.
I would also recommend the kowa bd ii 6.5x32. Field of view is much wider than the maven 6x30. Depth of field will be noticeable greater than any 8x binocular and larger exit pupil is shadows and darker woods will definitely help you.

I have Kowa 10.5x44s and a 554 spotter for hunting the open spaces of the western states and couldn't ask for better performing glass. I'm considering the purchase of a pair of Genesis 8x33s for the thick whitetail woods back east. I'm pretty certain that they'll excel just as the other Kowas, but looking for some personal experiences from owners who have and use them for the same purpose.
My only hesitation is that I'm just a bit skeptical that 8X might still be a bit much. Thinking that 6X would be perfect for picking apart dense woods/timber, but don't know of any premium glass in 6X to use as a comparison. Am I overthinking this? Any help?
it doesn't get much thicker than where i live and hunt, and never feel "over glassed" with my 8X slc's. i think they will be just fine. half of the time i just pack my 10X's depending on the day. i do lots of through brush glassing at very close range, especially closing the last bit of distance making sure i don't get busted by a cow or whatever... spotting an ear or very top sliver of a back is a lot harder to see than one would think at close range, and good glass has become very valuable to me in that regard.

i have some 10.5X genesis due to arrive tomorrow, looking forward to trying them.

OP
eaglemountainman
it doesn't get much thicker than where i live and hunt, and never feel "over glassed" with my 8X slc's. i think they will be just fine. half of the time i just pack my 10X's depending on the day. i do lots of through brush glassing at very close range, especially closing the last bit of distance making sure i don't get busted by a cow or whatever... spotting an ear or very top sliver of a back is a lot harder to see than one would think at close range, and good glass has become very valuable to me in that regard.

i have some 10.5X genesis due to arrive tomorrow, looking forward to trying them.
Curious to know your impressions of the 10.5 Gennys, both short and long term. Other than the - heavy for class- weight, which I have gotten totally used to, I think they are an incredible optic.

BTW, thanks for your reply.