Kodiak—Sitka Blacktail

OP
T
Ok guys...

This one is LONG.

16 pages, over 9000 words. As such, it’s easiest to post a link to the blog write up! Enjoy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We did well, it was a solid hunt. Seemed like eveyday we were packing meat/antlers back to camp. Both of us filled our caribou/reindeer and deer tags. The group at Seahawk Air were great to work with.

Attachments

• C1.jpg
    C1.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 98
  • C2.jpg
    C2.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 96
  • C3.jpg
    C3.jpg
    742.5 KB · Views: 99
  • C4.jpg
    C4.jpg
    429.8 KB · Views: 98

PhilipC

FNG
Question for the guys that have been on a Kodiak trip (and I should probably research this myself, but read the reports and thought I’d just ask). Does a non-resident need to have a guide or Alaskan resident present on these hunts or can you diy it complete on your own?

dieNqvrs

Lil-Rokslider
Question for the guys that have been on a Kodiak trip (and I should probably research this myself, but read the reports and thought I’d just ask). Does a non-resident need to have a guide or Alaskan resident present on these hunts or can you diy it complete on your own?

DIY allowed. BS Guide rule only applies/required on Brown/grizz bear, dall sheep, mountain goat.

PhilipC

FNG
Awesome, thanks so much for the info!

Heard there was a lot of winter kill but it looks like you guys did pretty well. Were you hunting the North end
of the island or South end?