Knife. What do you carry?

I’m a spyderco guy for edc but love esee for the woods as well as utica (you guys should 100% check them out!) and Kabar Becker for survival type knives. Has anyone seen the new bench made mini bug out knife yet? Not a big fan of bench made as a company (they do not farewell politically) but all that aside they seem like well built knives.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
Just depends.

For EDC, I'm 100% sold on the Benchmade Bugouts, I have 2 of them now.

For backpack hunting, usually a Havalon and a benchmade hidden canyon hunter.

For moose or caribou hunting when I'm using my boat, raft or snowmachine, I have a cutco and I'll usuallt take something else along.

Jbehredt

WKR
Just depends.

For EDC, I'm 100% sold on the Benchmade Bugouts, I have 2 of them now.

For backpack hunting, usually a Havalon and a benchmade hidden canyon hunter.

For moose or caribou hunting when I'm using my boat, raft or snowmachine, I have a cutco and I'll usuallt take something else along.

Love the bugout. Added a blue one to the collection yesterday. $65 lnib at the local pawn shop. Now the green one can be solely for backcountry use as a backup to my saddle mountain skinner.
520f25d29d1385205520a636acd269dd.jpg

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
Love the bugout. Added a blue one to the collection yesterday. $65 lnib at the local pawn shop. Now the green one can be solely for backcountry use as a backup to my saddle mountain skinner.
520f25d29d1385205520a636acd269dd.jpg

I have that same one, I would have snatched another up fast if I saw one for 65 bucks. I recently got an orange one. I hadn't even looked at these for awhile but when I saw the orange one I couldnt get my CC out fast enough.

I've used these for lots of light work, cutting smelts, ptarmigans, spruce grouce, trout, grayling etc, they make a great lightweight knife not just for EDC but also for the woods.

semasko

FNG
Great Eastern Cutlery stockman style - fits perfect in the little "change pocket" of jeans.
Morakniv Companion for most butchering / woodsman tasks. Best $16 knife out there imo.
Benchmade Bugout - just got one used and I love it so far.

SOG Terminus XR for EDC

White River Backpacker Pro for the woods

Sent from my SM-J737T using Tapatalk

boom

WKR
I have that same one, I would have snatched another up fast if I saw one for 65 bucks. I recently got an orange one. I hadn't even looked at these for awhile but when I saw the orange one I couldnt get my CC out fast enough.

I've used these for lots of light work, cutting smelts, ptarmigans, spruce grouce, trout, grayling etc, they make a great lightweight knife not just for EDC but also for the woods.

i have the plain jane vanilla blue one as well. it is fantastic, and i have gotten it scalpel sharp. i just discvoered it is light enough to not pull my mtn bike shorts down, and i drop and zip it into a pocket on every ride.

i kinda want to buy the new Mini Version but i am holding off on buying anymore new knives.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
i have the plain jane vanilla blue one as well. it is fantastic, and i have gotten it scalpel sharp. i just discvoered it is light enough to not pull my mtn bike shorts down, and i drop and zip it into a pocket on every ride.

i kinda want to buy the new Mini Version but i am holding off on buying anymore new knives.

I realized the one I just ordered is a mini, sort of dissapointed/worried. I hope I like it as much as the standard one.

I have a Havalon in my kill kit.

Leatherman Skeletool always in my pocket.

Benchmade Balisong as my BBQ knife.

OFFHNTN

WKR
Buck and Havalon.
My Dad gave me the Buck knife when I was about 12......if has helped gut, skin, and/or quarter every critter I have killed (and many others) over the past 37 years.