Knife. What do you carry?

Marbles

WK Donkey
Classified Approved
Benchmade Altitude in the woods. Benchmade Nakamura for EDC. The Nakamura is M390 steel, after getting it and loving the edge retention I decided to get the altitude as S90V is similar. I stopped carrying a sharpener when I switched to the Altitude.

This is my new favourite. It's made by Seeker Knives here in Australia, and the model is a featherblade. Great shape and great steel.

I

InteriorAKPopsicle

It depends on the day. Most consistently my Bark River Knives Bobcat.
I have a variety of things I'm carrying depending on my plans. I've started carrying several others and often multiples:
Folding - Benchmade Griptillian satin with no serations, Kershaw Emerson Wave, CRKT Ripsnort
Fixed - BRK Bobcat, BRK Canoe, BRK Wilderness Explorer (My FAV), BRK Bravo 1, Western L66, True Saber Ottawa.
Most common carry after I broke a tip off a nice knife is the Kershaw or CRKT folder for thejobs that knives aren't meant for and then the Bobcat or Canoe. For field use the Bravo is the beast I want to have to use to survive though.

Attachments

• image1.jpeg
    image1.jpeg
    104.7 KB · Views: 36
  • image0.jpeg
    image0.jpeg
    257.9 KB · Views: 37

rustyN

Lil-Rokslider
I carry a custom blade made by Steel Pig Forge and a gerber with replaceable surgical blades. I didn't touch the gerber at all last year for elk or deer, and am very happy with the $300+ spent on a custom knife.

dskav

Lil-Rokslider
Bradford Guardian 3
Spyderco Manix 2 Lightweight
Gerber Vital Folder

I carry a custom blade made by Steel Pig Forge and a gerber with replaceable surgical blades. I didn't touch the gerber at all last year for elk or deer, and am very happy with the $300+ spent on a custom knife.

You know, I was wondering if I was the only one to carry a custom knife. Gene Ingram made mine and my wife's custom knives. Those things are amazing. As back up, I have a Benchmade Griptillian. Both knives are in D2 steel.

I did some research on different steels and found that most of the time, it is the knife makers way of making the steel that defines how long the knife will hold an edge, strangely enough. That and how one goes about sharpening their blade. I find the Ingram holds its edge longer than the Benchmade.

Outdoor edge with replaceable blades. 3 years, probably 40 blades. Still going strong. Blades are getting a little harder to get in and out after lots of use.

Logan80

Lil-Rokslider
Daily, a Spyderco Ladybug 3, or Spyderco Salt 2.

For hunting, a Knives of Alaska Yukon Belt Knife. I've also got an assortment of old school Buck hunting knives.

TheGDog

WKR
I really like the Havalon Dual-Blade Bone-Collector Folder + Scalpel one I've got now! The regular blade stays crazy sharp a looong dang time. And of course, you've still got that scalpel. And their together on 1 so less stuff to carry. I carry a Leatherman mini needle-nose as well to cover having the needle-nose and screw-driver.

But when I'm doing small game, I like the Leatherman Skeletool. With the wire-cutters w/in the regular sized needle-nose it makes it real easy to snip off the rabbits feet when boning them out in the field.

I will say though that if it's hot weather times, I like to have a combo blade with some serrated edge to it. The serrated edge part makes it easier to cut off pokey branches from a scrub oak in order to back your sit more into it's canopy in order to get out of the merciless sun at times.

4Cody4

FNG
I carry a griptilian in my pocket every day. For in my pack I have an ESEE Izula 2. I like them both quite a bit.

rm06

WKR
Tyto scalpel handle, #60 blades

ESEE Izula, carbon

Both are just the naked metal handle. I don't know how everyone keeps their paracord wrapped handles from getting gummed up and nasty with blood and fat, I'm not good enough or careful enough to do it.