Knife sharpener in your kill kit?

This is in my backcountry loadout but not in my kill kit.

woodcraft.com/products/trend-credit-card-diamond-stone?gclid=CjwKCAjwuvmHBhAxEiwAWAYj-CwuObvBUf1J0f5satb4V5xZLsiAtY6eM8Og26orrx60QOhQVcTiZRoCXkYQAvD_BwE#

I just saw this one on an ad, 1.7oz(listed at) 600 grit. I like it a touch finer but haven’t tried it yet.

dc1b2ed2b95f91df8f8ffee1e40baf2b.jpg

df37aaebd4a45a0a23dc70d3fa12e2aa.jpg

I recommend the Spyderco Tri-angle sharpener, it's a great sharpener that's easy to use and you'll get a very sharp edge with it.

Nope. I use a combination of a Havalon blade knife (Tyto) and a fixed blade that uses S90V- I can confidently process two elk if need be without a sharpener

Buck Knives EdgeTech thin double sided dual grit diamond plate. 325 & 750 grit, 1.25"x4" & 1.3oz. I cut it lengthwise so I had .5"x4" stone for day carry and .75"x4" backup at base camp. High quality, lightweight and small but adequate.​

Another one with the worksharp. It works well but the course diamond is way too aggressive for anything I need it for.

Depends where I'm hunting, I have the work sharp but its big/ heavy for back country, If just day hunting I'll often carry a small diamond home in a leather pouch with compound on it for a strop. If back country I have a chunk of paint stick ( about 3" long) with leather glued on one side for a strop and then just a few 2"x4" wet dry paper in whatever grit you want. Very light, small and practical
This is the same set up I've used. Works great

I have one of the DMT fine diamond “credit card” hones in my kit, but I just upgraded my knife to a fixed blade in M398 steel that should easily get me through a couple of elk before it needs a touch up.

I also carry the worksharp field sharpener, don't really notice it in a negative way. But I'm mostly doing day hikes

Back