Kifaru Scabbard

OP
R
After looking at it a little more I’m not sure how well it work between a pack and frame. It would interfere with the pack sliding over the frame.

Bender

Lil-Rokslider
Rokslide Sponsor
@Roosterstaw- the top of the frame sheet that creates the tunnel for the weapon to slide through replicates the top of our Duplex / ARK frames. There are dual aluminum stays sewn into the frame sheet to help carry the load and give the tunnel structure. Any Kifaru bag that is designed to go on our frames will piggyback on the back of the scabbard while protecting your optic and action.

TX_hunter

Lil-Rokslider
I just see zero need for a rifle scabbard. Same thing I thought every time I saw the eblerstock options.

PowPowHawg

Lil-Rokslider
@Roosterstaw- the top of the frame sheet that creates the tunnel for the weapon to slide through replicates the top of our Duplex / ARK frames. There are dual aluminum stays sewn into the frame sheet to help carry the load and give the tunnel structure. Any Kifaru bag that is designed to go on our frames will piggyback on the back of the scabbard while protecting your optic and action.
@Bender send me one!

OP
R
Is it compatible with the older hunter frame that pre-dates the duplex frame?

OP
R
For me I’d have to attach a day bag to the frame of the scabbard with a load shelf between the two. I’m just not sure how well it would carry with a load of meat that far away from your body. It’s interesting for sure.

prm

WKR
While being a fairly narrow use case, this is a nice capability. There will be some folks who can really benefit from this.

Bender

Lil-Rokslider
Rokslide Sponsor
@Roosterstraw - Yes, it will work with the Hunter frame. Only frames that might get complicated are the first get Duplex frames like the Longhunter (they don't have a fabric casing and the compression tabs are surface mounted on the back) or the Bikini frames.

RhinoKel

FNG
@Roosterstraw - Yes, it will work with the Hunter frame. Only frames that might get complicated are the first get Duplex frames like the Longhunter (they don't have a fabric casing and the compression tabs are surface mounted on the back) or the Bikini frames.
Hey Bender, the video with Wally implied that there would be a Scabbard specific addition coming that would use those 2 attachment points on the rear top of the Scabbard. Any hints as to what this will be? A daypack add on?

Bender

Lil-Rokslider
Rokslide Sponsor
@RhinoKel - He filmed that right before we were about to release the Maniml so he didn't want to mention that yet. Those points hook up to the load shelf with 3 bars to the frame from the back of the Maniml. Not sure if we will be adding that type of load shelf on any future packs, depends on what you guys think about them. They are nice for the fact that the main bag is riding on top of the frame instead of suspended in front of the load sling like on the Stryker packs.

RhinoKel

FNG
@RhinoKel - He filmed that right before we were about to release the Maniml so he didn't want to mention that yet. Those points hook up to the load shelf with 3 bars to the frame from the back of the Maniml. Not sure if we will be adding that type of load shelf on any future packs, depends on what you guys think about them. They are nice for the fact that the main bag is riding on top of the frame instead of suspended in front of the load sling like on the Stryker packs.
Ah righto, thanks mate!

@Bender could we get some videos with the 44 mag attached to the scabbard? Or videos of a fully loaded pack with the scabbard.
I currently have a mountain rambler and use it specifically for the scabbard option but like the 44 mag layout way better.
I'm also skeptical about the 4.5# of extra pack weight.
Could you utilize the tunnel to put meat in or would it be too small? Thank you!

RhinoKel

FNG
@Bender could we get some videos with the 44 mag attached to the scabbard? Or videos of a fully loaded pack with the scabbard.
I currently have a mountain rambler and use it specifically for the scabbard option but like the 44 mag layout way better.
I'm also skeptical about the 4.5# of extra pack weight.
Could you utilize the tunnel to put meat in or would it be too small? Thank you!
Seconded. That's one thing I'm keen to see. I can see how the Scabbard will work really well with packs like the 22 Mag or Woodsman, and the new Maniml, but I can also see how things could start to fall apart with bigger packs. 44 Mag would probably be the max I'd want to put on it, I imagine it would be similar in size and weight to some of Eberlestocks offerings of the same nature.

I'm also keen to see how it would work with the Stryker XL or the Hellbender - will the meatshelf be cantilevered too far out for it to be practical? Aron seemed to think it might be. I did hit up the Kifaru IG page and they said they had taken a whole bunch of photos of it with other packs the other day but none have been published yet.

Bender

Lil-Rokslider
Rokslide Sponsor
@StuckoYota99 - The scabbard was never intended to carry meat in it but you can adjust it up and down and could fit a bunch of boned out meat in there. You will probably run into problems with quarters with the width of the tunnel.

@RhinoKel - The scabbard will work with all of our sling packs, including the Maniml, Hellbender or Stryker XL. The Scabbard will put those packs 4-5" off the back of the frame. You can fully compress a load against the tunnel without putting pressure on your optic.

Just confirmed that we have a video coming soon that will show how to hook bags up to the scabbard and will give you guys an idea of what will work.