Kifaru internal frame packs

OP
realunlucky

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
I own a Kutthroat and a 357 Mag, of sorts; https://rokslide.com/forums/threads/kifarwho-41-mag-a-stretched-357-mag.295376/

Both have a lot to offer and are fairly easy to get a couple nights out of. I prefer the 26" frame of the Kutthroat, even though I have a relatively short torso, and the materials are really nice. Both designs have a great balance of straps and attachment points, and each have their own benefits as far as layout goes.

In the future I'll probably make myself some mutant of the two--Xpac, frame height, main bag of the Kutthroat, with 357 Mag-style side pockets.
Man that's some impressive skills

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

OP
realunlucky

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Got a 357 mag in the mail today. First impressions are this is going to be an awesome day pack. Excited to get it setup and see what exactly I can get in there. Might be a few days before I get to it, maybe I'll start a separate thread.

Appreciate everybody's comments and getting me pointed in the right direction.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Blackcow

WKR
I had one Sam. Cinch the belt a bit lower and it has plenty of clearance through brush, cinch it a bit higher than I normally would and the lifters work pretty good. I assume you’re about my size since I bought your 26” bikini. It won’t lift like that, but enough for the 70-80 lbs I carried in it( and what they rate the comfort at, I believe). I sold mine because I found it redundant.

strongarm

FNG
@realunlucky
The current internal framed Kifaru packs are outstanding. They offer the comfort, modularity, and familiarity of the Duplex system without the downsides of an external frame pack. As long as you aren’t packing heavy, heavy loads you’ll be set. I see now your back will be home to the one that just arrived. You won’t be disappointed.

Bcleck90

WKR
Anyone have updates on the internal frame packs for 2024? I haven’t seen much other than the ARK frame and new bag.