Kifaru Gun Bearer Question

ThunderJack49

Lil-Rokslider
I've got a couple seasons on my gun bearer and I haven't noticed any rubbing yet. I do sometimes run mine on the left side so I can run a pistol with a light on my right side. I wouldn't do that if I didn't live in bear country and spend a lot of time hiking in/out in the dark. Both of my rifles are Bergara as well.

gunrush128

Lil-Rokslider
I used the gunbearer for the first time on spring bear this year and noticed it was wearing a spot on my Mark 5HD. The 3-bar slider contacts the objective lens. Haven't noticed wear on the rifle or pack.

It is a tool, but pretty disappointed that an accessory from a premium company like Kifaru is causing premature wear and tear on my $2k+ scope.

I guess next hunt I'll have to wrap with something to protect my scope

Ucsdryder

WKR
I used the gunbearer for the first time on spring bear this year and noticed it was wearing a spot on my Mark 5HD. The 3-bar slider contacts the objective lens. Haven't noticed wear on the rifle or pack.

It is a tool, but pretty disappointed that an accessory from a premium company like Kifaru is causing premature wear and tear on my $2k+ scope.

I guess next hunt I'll have to wrap with something to protect my scope
The gun bearer has tons of adjustability. Forward, back, down, up. Adjust it so it isn’t touching. You’re blaming kifaru because you let the 3 bar slider rub your scope? Come on bro…

gunrush128

Lil-Rokslider
The gun bearer has tons of adjustability. Forward, back, down, up. Adjust it so it isn’t touching. You’re blaming kifaru because you let the 3 bar slider rub your scope? Come on bro…

What makes you assume that I didn’t cycle through every possible adjustment configuration? Ultimately I found the most comfortable position to be exactly what kifaru suggests in their installation video. It just so happens that when installed as they suggest, it positions the metal slider right next to the scope. Other adjustment options just don’t fit me well, or they end up pointing my muzzle directly at my hunting partners back.

Not trying to dog kifaru, because I think that the gunbearer is very comfortable, way more comfortable than any other option. Just wish they would’ve come up with something to prevent abrasions on the firearm being carried. Clearly I’m not the only one who’s had a problem with it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Ucsdryder

WKR
What makes you assume that I didn’t cycle through every possible adjustment configuration? Ultimately I found the most comfortable position to be exactly what kifaru suggests in their installation video. It just so happens that when installed as they suggest, it positions the metal slider right next to the scope. Other adjustment options just don’t fit me well, or they end up pointing my muzzle directly at my hunting partners back.

Not trying to dog kifaru, because I think that the gunbearer is very comfortable, way more comfortable than any other option. Just wish they would’ve come up with something to prevent abrasions on the firearm being carried. Clearly I’m not the only one who’s had a problem with it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Because if you tried every possible way you’d have found one that doesn’t rub the 3 bar slider. I’ve had one for 8 years, maybe more, never once has it rubbed my scope because it’s adjusted to not rub my scope.