Kifaru Bino Harness

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
I kind of hope they make a larger pocket for that BR4/Maven with the ferris wheel on the side/Vortex Razor. The BR4 a monstrosity of a RF. 2 sizes in RF pockets seem pretty common across the board. If it fits, most other RFs will get swallowed. Its closer in height to my SLC 42s binos than it is my RF. I guess you could use shims, but the higher you go, the floppier a RF pouch usually gets.

As far as the tehter, Im just going to replace that elastic strap keeper that holds the tail end of the harness strap that goes up the shoulder with a triglide and run it like I have on my harnesses for 5+ years. I only like a tether on 1 side and this has worked perfectly. Youd need to buy or acquire a plastic tri glide, but it will work if they dont have something else in place by the time they start shipping.......
What tether is that?

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

OP
ChrisAU

ChrisAU

WKR
I use N2 the Wild tether on everything. You can make them work with anything, some take a little more ingenuity than others. I gotta say though I really like the tether that comes with the new FHF shoulder harness though. Quieter than the N2 the Wild.

GoatPackr

WKR
Anyway to mount a pistol inside it so it's concealed? Maybe under the lid with your velcro pistol/mag holder? On the back between the bag and the user?

Kris

I fell for the email reminder on preorder, planned on waiting until they were in stock, but I opened the email at a moment of weakness and placed an order

Bert_S

FNG
Anyone have any thoughts, or know if this bino harness can work with a Sherman Pocket? I am thinking of getting a Sherman Pocket with it, to use as a small back pack for a quick day hunt or scouting trips. I know they sell the hydro harness that looks like it would work for this as well, but I dont use a bladder, and I am also looking at getting a 22 mag on a tactical light frame as well, and wanted to use the sherman pocket on the 22 mag too. It looks like the Sherman Pocket comes with enough straps, buckles and clips to make this work. I am just wondering if anyone has tried it, or sees something I don't?

I think it could work if the buckles are 1inch buckles on the Sherman? That’s the only issue I could foresee, that and the ergonomics of the strap and buckle on the Sherman may not be as comfortable as designed on the hydro harness. I also admit I have no experience with the Sherman. I like the idea tho!

Bert_S

FNG
I think it could work if the buckles are 1inch buckles on the Sherman? That’s the only issue I could foresee, that and the ergonomics of the strap and buckle on the Sherman may not be as comfortable as designed on the hydro harness. I also admit I have no experience with the Sherman. I like the idea tho!
Yea, that was my thought too. On their website it says they are the same size straps and buckles from what I can gather. I am not to worried about comfort issues, as i wont be carrying much weight in the sherman in this configuration. Basically, just a kill kit, headlamp, spare pair of gloves, compass, map and a snack. I just dont want to spend another $100 on the hydro harness, that I would only use occasionally. I think using the sherman on the 22 mag and in this configuration Is much more versatile. At least for me anyway...

Yea I think for the way you have described it seems to be the ticket. Much more versatile than the hydro harness. If you go that route update the thread. Interested to see how functional it is to real world application compared to theoretical.

All i have to say is i cannot believe guys need a phone shelf on their bino harness???? What are you guys doing out there you need your phone front and center all the time 😂

All i have to say is i cannot believe guys need a phone shelf on their bino harness???? What are you guys doing out there you need your phone front and center all the time 😂
I’m going to put a mirror in mine so I can get my face paint just right… don’t judge!

I won’t use it for the intended purpose, but it will be a handy storage space… for actual navigation it seems a little too infuencery, but I do think it will be useful storage

nosajnh

FNG
I checked out the bino harness at the Vermont TAC and really liked the pocket and lid layout/function and will probably preorder. They did not have the deluxe version there which is no big deal for me as I keep my range finder on a paracord/keyring over one should and under the other for quick access.

@Kenneth@Kifaru can you find out what size the guys at the VT Tac had with them?

WBrim

WKR
Anyone hear any updates on when these are out? I know it said June/early July, but doesn’t hurt to ask if anyone knows any updates?

Kenneth@Kifaru

Lil-Rokslider
Rokslide Sponsor
I checked out the bino harness at the Vermont TAC and really liked the pocket and lid layout/function and will probably preorder. They did not have the deluxe version there which is no big deal for me as I keep my range finder on a paracord/keyring over one should and under the other for quick access.

@Kenneth@Kifaru can you find out what size the guys at the VT Tac had with them?
They had a Medium with them.

nosajnh

FNG
They had a Medium with them.
Thank you for following up on this, I appreciate it. I was hoping it was a medium, I like the size and fit of that one. I will come up with a tether if they do not have an appropriate US made option when they ship. I have signed up to get a notification when mediums become available for pre-order/order.