Kifaru Bino Harness

TheTone

WKR
Have they shown any pictures of what the bino tethers are going to be yet?

I don’t love the look of how far out the lid seems to stick when it’s simply folded forward but it’s obviously completely out of the way when it’s tucked under

Dan-o

FNG
It’s amazing to me how much some people say this is an issue and for others it seemingly isn’t. OnX on my iPhone is my primary means of navigation while hunting. I’ve come so close to buying the marsupial a couple times but this has always made me stop.

For me, it's been hit or miss. I've had my phone with Onx work flawlessly inches away from my Marsupial harness with magnets (95% of the time), and I've been blood trailing deer and marking waypoints for 200 yards only to find out that it's way tf off (5% of the time), I'm living with it, but verifying everything to ensure I'm not steering myself in the wrong direction.

The sizing charts are a bit all over the place. A bunch of binos that are roughly the same size are listed as small and medium. The NL pure (wo hr) 8 and 10x42, which are exactly the same size are listed as small for the 8x and medium for the 10x. The SLC 42s are smaller than the NLs and listed as medium. The Leupold BX-4 42s I believe are a bit more compact than all of them, are listed as medium....while the Maven B6 x50s are quite a bit bigger than the BX-4 42s, are listed as small.

Im going to go with small for my SLC 10x42s and B1.2 8s. I assume it just depends on how much space you like in the bucket, I prefer to have as little extra room as possible, and am ok with it taking a while for the bucket to break in. Just a heads up for those looking at the charts.

Last edited:

TheTone

WKR
The sizing charts are a bit all over the place. A bunch of binos that are roughly the same size are listed as small and medium. The NL pure (wo hr) 8 and 10x42, which are exactly the same size are listed as small for the 8x and medium for the 10x. The SLC 42s are smaller than the NLs and listed as medium. The Leupold BX-4 42s I believe are a bit more compact than all of them, are listed as medium....while the Maven B6 x50s are quite a bit bigger than the BX-4 42s, are listed as small.

Im going to go with small for my SLCs and B1.2s. I assume it just depends on how much space you like in the bucket, I prefer to have as little extra room as possible, and am ok with it taking a while for the bucket to break in. Just a heads up for those looking at the charts.
Yeah the chart now is different than the one posted by Justin earlier in this thread. Hmm, I was looking for my SLC 10’s and now not sure what size to go with

OP
ChrisAU

ChrisAU

WKR
Yeah I was set on a small and now I wonder if I need a medium. Lots of binos that are the same size in 8x and 10x are listed in two different sizes. Pretty confident my current SFL 8x40's will be fine in a small but never know when I may carry a ginormous 10x42!

Yeah I just noticed the sizing change. Was ready to pull the trigger on small for 10x42- but most are now listed as medium. I’m ok with them having a little extra room, especially if I decide to go with 12’s. The Large seems listed for only 15’s now.

The Nav pocket looks kinda weird on the small, so I’m also ok with the better balanced appearance on the medium.

bigmike23

Lil-Rokslider
Gunna wait to see what others say on sizing to try this. I have the NLs and the 8s are small and 10s medium. Um like what they're the same size lol.

Last edited:
Alright how many people just threw down $250 on a harness that they have to wait 2 months to get?

I ended up going with the medium deluxe with the nav pocket for my Leupold 10x42’s fingers crossed it’s the right size lol.

DB29

Lil-Rokslider
It’s amazing to me how much some people say this is an issue and for others it seemingly isn’t. OnX on my iPhone is my primary means of navigation while hunting. I’ve come so close to buying the marsupial a couple times but this has always made me stop.

I had a mag harness from badlands, thing had more magnets than I could count. I did notice it effect OnX, but only on downloaded maps when offline.

Where I saw it was turning on the cone to see the direction of view. When offline the cone would point in a direction I knew I was not facing. I could give the phone to a friend without mags and watch the cone spin into the correct orientation.

I think this might be where the conflict in opinions comes from. When you have service the mags don’t matter but if you are offline then they do have some effect.

Purely anecdotal, but what I have noticed.

shootnrun

Lil-Rokslider
Deluxe Med Reg on order for me. Doubt I'll need the accessory pocket. But hoping I can fix it to my belt as a true mini belt pouch as the gen 2 mini belt pouch is 2-3x as big as I actually need.