Kifaru Bino Harness

Better price point than I expected. Looks to have a ton of thought put into it.

With Kifaru, Marsupial and T&K around 130, you have to wonder how FHF is going to compete at $185.

238 for FHF with RF Pouch. 165-175ish for the other 3.

Last edited:

dwhicker

FNG
Better price point than I expected. Looks to have a ton of though put into it.

With Kifaru, Marsupial and T&K around 130, you have to wonder how FHF is going to compete at $185.

Exactly what I was thinking. Man that FHF looks good though. Seems to have thought of everything with it. Not sure if it’s worth an extra 60-80 bucks though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was planning on ordering the FHF to try out but after I put harness/rangefinder pouch/wings with tax/shipping it was right at $300. I couldn’t justify that.

Baller

FNG
Marsupial also has harnesses with no magnets. I have one in coyote brown. And from what Jim has said, they will be expanding their colorway offerings in the no mag. While this one looks legit, I am more than happy with my Marsupials.

kowboy

FNG
The iPhone is calibrated to factor in its own magnets. Placing another magnet nearby can/will mess it up.

think about that......magnets in a circle, calibrated to offset the North Magnetic field???? I don't see it.

prm

WKR
I was wrong about cell. I knew magnets messed up regular compasses, but they dont mess up cell phones. I placed a Silva compass on a table with my iPhone. Both showed same mag north. Alternatively moved a Marsupial bino harness with magnets near them and nothing happens to cell phone compass while the Silva goes completely off.

Bottom line, for me, magnets are a non-issue with phone compass, but a big deal with the old school Silva. Use accordingly.

Anyone have any info on the range finder pocket? How it opens? I can tell from the picture it seems to be a miniature version of the bino harness, loop at the top, forward opening. Now that the harness is on the Kifaru website is there any info on what a “deluxe” kit means? I’m assuming a range finder and accessory pocket as that’s what the picture shows. Also curious to the specs on the range finder pocket. Size and depth?

The marsupial mag would wreck my iPhones navigation. Holding my arm out didn’t help in the least bit. I switched to the non-mag version and I’m really liking it so far. The new Kifaru looks sweet too, price point is less than I expected.

TheTone

WKR
The marsupial mag would wreck my iPhones navigation. Holding my arm out didn’t help in the least bit. I switched to the non-mag version and I’m really liking it so far. The new Kifaru looks sweet too, price point is less than I expected.
It’s amazing to me how much some people say this is an issue and for others it seemingly isn’t. OnX on my iPhone is my primary means of navigation while hunting. I’ve come so close to buying the marsupial a couple times but this has always made me stop.

bigmike23

Lil-Rokslider
It’s amazing to me how much some people say this is an issue and for others it seemingly isn’t. OnX on my iPhone is my primary means of navigation while hunting. I’ve come so close to buying the marsupial a couple times but this has always made me stop.
There is absolutely zero doubt in my mind it's real. I have a Galaxy 22 ultra that uses dual GPS tech. So it's more accurate than most. And it's absolutely jacked when I use the marsupial. The very next day I'll head out with the Rick Young harness and have zero problems. Itll do this consistently and repeatably if I switch between the two.

Ucsdryder

WKR

The tk gen 3 looks like it’s coming out soon.

TheTone

WKR
There is absolutely zero doubt in my mind it's real. I have a Galaxy 22 ultra that uses dual GPS tech. So it's more accurate than most. And it's absolutely jacked when I use the marsupial. The very next day I'll head out with the Rick Young harness and have zero problems. Itll do this consistently and repeatably if I switch between the two.
Do you store your phone on the harness or is this just when you’re holding your phone out looking at it?