KIFARU ARK FRAME review

bozeman

WKR
So, I have now had my Ark frame (25"/small belt) approx 2 weeks and have around 15 miles or so with a 35lb plate with a grab-it and guide lid.......thoughts:
1- Comfortable!! Whoa......took about 4-5 miles to really break in, but once it did, this is a VERY comfortable setup.
2- Easy to attach/rearrange/configure, super easy, as in, even I can do this.
3- Customer Service has been A+++ for any questions I have had (such as calling to buy a few more frame loops/tabs and there were 6 more in a small bag in the reckoning I bought with it (I never looked in the bag, took it off as soon as I got it and started hiking with grab-it/guide lid). Duh on my part........

Moving up to a 45lb plate next week and will see how it does, but at the moment, HomeRun by Kifaru on this!

mullmann

Lil-Rokslider
I have wanted to try a Kifaru pack for a few years and I have a good hunt coming up this year. I just sold my other pack. I have been watching their site for weeks. Hopefully they will get some packs and frames in stock at some point. I didn’t want to pay extra for the Ark frame, but the videos I watched said it is easier for adjustment than the duplex frame.

JNDEER

WKR
I have wanted to try a Kifaru pack for a few years and I have a good hunt coming up this year. I just sold my other pack. I have been watching their site for weeks. Hopefully they will get some packs and frames in stock at some point. I didn’t want to pay extra for the Ark frame, but the videos I watched said it is easier for adjustment than the duplex frame.
Easier as in takes less time- but is not complicated. Even if you are not familiar with pack fitting- watching the videos and running your own trial and error it isn’t some highly complicated process to adjust a DL.

Yaremkiv

Lil-Rokslider
I am selling one of my 26" Duplex Tactical frames. I'd be willing to cut you a great deal if you decide to go that route.

wildman73

FNG
Thanks for that. I was hoping for review on that frame. I'm torn now between the duplex tactical and this one.

Jordan Budd

Super Moderator
Staff member
As a member of the assless army, I personally found that I actually prefer the duplex lite lumbar pad over the ARK. This is a real bummer to me, I really wanted the ARK to work for me but I went back and fourth hiking with both frames and the lumbar pad was the breaking point for me.

The lumbar pad on the ARK frame is much more of a square, the top edge has much more of a pronounced "edge" whereas the duplex lite is more subtle and rounded. What I noticed was for me, with no ass that sharper top edge of the lumbar pad on the ARK was taking the majority of the load, creating a pressure point. If while I was hiking I would sort of exaggerate the curve in my lower back, and stick my butt out, then the lumber pad felt like it made full contact with my lower back as it should. As far as sticking in place goes, The pad did seam to stick in place very well, I did not ever notice any slipping, I imagine it would have been even better yet if the entire pad was making proper contact with my lower back.

So for me and my build, the duplex lite lumbar pad was much more comfortable I'm a bit bummed about it. There were a lot of features about the ARK frame that I was excited about, but it just didn't fit me as well.
I’m in the same boat as you. I swapped the pad from the duplex to the ark and am getting a lot of pressure in one spot on my back. I’m going to tweak the torso length a little more, but I’m afraid the duplex is going to be the frame that fits me.