Kids braces!

Seth

WKR
$6500 per kid, before insurance. Our orthodontist offers either Invisalign or wire braces for the same price. My daughter was thrilled to not have wires and it did a great job.

I got lucky, my kid don't need no braces...but at 50, my dentist keeps bothering me about removing my wisdom teeth.

03mossy

WKR
My oldest daughter’s braces were $6,500 3 years ago. 13 year old son gets his next week.$7,500. Payment plan is $250/month.

My 13 yr old son is going to be getting them soon. His are going to cost more because he needs one tooth built up first. It looks like a spike. Can’t do it yet because he still has a couple of baby teeth to lose?! It’s taking forever for him to lose all his teeth. Meanwhile, my 10 yr old and 7yr old daughters are just about done losing teeth. Also, my son has a muscle on his gum line going between his top front teeth that needs to be clipped.

waspocrew

WKR
My 7 year old had an expander placed for a few months then recently started braces. I guess they are moving to fix this earlier? All in, $4500 so far.

My son's were $5k 7 years ago, they gave a better price if you paid in full up front. Also if you have an HSA you can use that $$ and write it off.

Lowg08

WKR
Just got one out of them. Putting another one in them in 6 months. 7900 for the first one. The second will start with some mid evil looking contraption at 2800 then thr big bill after that one.

pods8 (Rugged Stitching)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
It’s July, might as well talk about everything except hunting.

My 12 year old went for her braces consult. No issues, teeth aren’t bad, but she definitely needs braces.

Quote was $6800 before insurance kicked in 1000. Seems insane? What prices have people paid recently?
You're Thornton too right? Who did you go with? My THREE kids have braces thru the dentist Kids Mile High & KMH Orthodontics comes in periodically to that office to service the ortho needs. The first one got them under my insurance which kicked in $2500 and I feel like out of pocket was $2700ish. The other two I have their form handy, the base price was $5480, mom's insurance was in network and got a $923 discount, insurance kicked in $2000. So balance was $2557 but they offered a 10% discount if paid in full so it was $2302ea out of pocket. (This was Jan 23')

ODB

WKR
thats lower than we paid. I actually put my kid on my insurance for a while to get the extra 1200$. worked out.

jmez

WKR
About $7k per kid in Rapid City. Done in three phases. Pay upfront or monthly with no interest. No discount for up front pay.

Sent from my moto g power 5G - 2024 using Tapatalk

Maidenfan539

Super Moderator
Staff member
Holy smokes!! My wife paid $750 in WI for her 14 yo son.

He wanted them, wanted braces?!? Man times have changed. When I was his age I didn't want anything to do with braces.

jtevanMT

Lil-Rokslider
Price seems in the right ballpark. Check to see if your insurance is a $1000 lifetime max benefit for Orthodontics or annual benefit. It will take longer than 1 year so you might be able to combine years and get $2000 of insurance payments. If available through your work, use a medical flex account and all payments will be pre-tax $$$. Our orthodontist offered a no interest payment plan for 18 months (estimated duration of treatment).

For ***** sake, spring for the permanent retainer when they are done. My wifes parents spent like 5000 getting her teeth straightened when she was a teenager. Get to the end and it would have been 500 to get permanent bottom and top. Nope, ~15 years later and I will get to spring to get them fixed again when my wife finally threatens to divorce me if she doesn't get braces.

Lady I use to work with had three kids all get braces at pretty much the same time. I think she said they were like 17000 bucks for all three.
Absolutely.

We spent over your quote for the wife.

The Invisalign because a dog ate her retainer and we didn't get it replaced.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
My teeth shifted after I got my braces off. They’re close enough but I agree on the permanent retainer.
The first night after getting my braces off I wore my retainer. In the morning it was nowhere to be found. Eventually found it across the room. Did that like 2-3 nights and then I was done with the retainer. Teeth have been fine.

These prices seem really high. All three daughters had braces and the most I remember paying was about $3500, and we don't have dental insurance. We paid up front. Our youngest just got out of braces about a year ago, and still has checkups every 6 months.

Kid just got them 6 months ago.

I was out of pocket 2000 with my delta dental plan.

This included the retainer.

I have 2 on Invisalign now both were around $6100. Braces were same price. I got them to include and extra set of the better retainers in the price. I did get a few quotes and a few were a little less and some more. I believe the lowest was around $5200 but their location wasn’t as convenient.