Justice Alito "cooks" (literally!) BATFE "ghost gun" rule!

mt terry d

WKR
Shoot2HuntU
Federal government needs completely dissolved. They've shown time and time again to be completely incompetent.
Actually it's extremely competent in doing what all governments do.
It does need to go away. But it won't. Too many people like it because it
gives them stuff taken from others. Sadly the arguments are mainly about who
it's taken from and who it's given to, instead of what gives anyone the right to
arbitrarily take anyone's money or property under threat of violence in the first place.

hereinaz

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Hell, it started right off with Washington and the Whiskey rebellion.

Should have just kept the Articles of Confederation but the
Lovers of Government couldn't stand for that.

But we pretend we're freeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!

Remember to vote really hard this time kids :)
Vote EARLY and OFTEN!!!

OP
Amos Keeto
Thanks, not having a serial # isn't important to me, so I guess I'd never be interested in an 80%. Is it common to not want a serial #? Seems odd that you'd want an Ar without one. Surely all your other guns have them, but not an AR? Silly imo.
"Ghost guns" aren't all AR's. There are semi auto handguns that can be purchased and completed.
As for serial numbers, to keep track of "when" a firearm was built, I'm all for it. But to use that S/N to track who owns, buys, sells or trades, I find a bit unnerving!

An 80% lower is more expensive than a completed, stripped lower with a S/N.
By the time you pay an FFL a transfer fee, the price is about the same.

First off, I'm not a "gunsmith". It's an itch I was never able to scratch.....until AR's came along. Especially the "buy parts and assemble" concept came about.
It really pleases me to be able to "assemble" (build?) my own rifle from scratch and actually shoot it.
As for 80% lowers, they offer an added aspect to further that "gunsmith" feeling. Drilling the holes that are used to pin an AR together. The fact that there is no S/N on the gun is just another facet that appeals to some.

So, if you're a "tinker'er", AR's and 80% lowers are the cat's meow.

BTW! A complete AR from a reputable company is normally "cheaper" than a DIY build. The DIY only offers a picky shooter the ability to add whatever little doodads or geegaws they desire.