Justice Alito "cooks" (literally!) BATFE "ghost gun" rule!

Yoder

WKR
Easy to say until you are no longer able to purchase firearms or ammunition and/or you go to jail after a traffic stop because you had a firearm in the vehicle that is no longer legal to own.
So, what are you doing about it? Typing outrage on the internet? Donating money to broken, useless gun rights organizations? All we can do is vote, for whatever that's worth. I honestly believe that the majority of people on both sides of the government want to take away the second amendment. They have to completely break us first. They are already doing this by poisoning our food, killing us with drugs, bankrupting our country and opening the borders. Once we fall, nothing stands in the way of a global government. I think that's the goal, but I'm just a conspiracy theorist. I already sold all of my guns and ammo to some guy. If I didn't, I would be willing to go to prison or die before I handed them over, so new laws are irrelevant to me.

Rotnguns

WKR
So, what are you doing about it? Typing outrage on the internet? Donating money to broken, useless gun rights organizations? All we can do is vote, for whatever that's worth. I honestly believe that the majority of people on both sides of the government want to take away the second amendment. They have to completely break us first. They are already doing this by poisoning our food, killing us with drugs, bankrupting our country and opening the borders. Once we fall, nothing stands in the way of a global government. I think that's the goal, but I'm just a conspiracy theorist. I already sold all of my guns and ammo to some guy. If I didn't, I would be willing to go to prison or die before I handed them over, so new laws are irrelevant to me.
If I may chime in here, I'm no activist. However, in my career as a university professor, I heard constant misconceptions regarding both technical and legal aspects of firearms, and I did not let them go unchallenged. When our faculty senate passed a continuing resolution condemning Idaho's concealed weapons policy for public colleges and universities, I made a giant stink, which actually resulted in the resolution being discontinued. Not much at all in the great scheme of politics, I know, but if I can change a few minds, or at least get people to see the other side of the issue, I feel that I made a difference.

Yoder

WKR
If I may chime in here, I'm no activist. However, in my career as a university professor, I heard constant misconceptions regarding both technical and legal aspects of firearms, and I did not let them go unchallenged. When our faculty senate passed a continuing resolution condemning Idaho's concealed weapons policy for public colleges and universities, I made a giant stink, which actually resulted in the resolution being discontinued. Not much at all in the great scheme of politics, I know, but if I can change a few minds, or at least get people to see the other side of the issue, I feel that I made a difference.
That's awesome. Way more than I've ever done.

elkliver

WKR
My point being that ignoring new proposed legislation and not voting because you have already decided you will not comply is not a good plan. Whether voting will do any good or not is debatable but you at least need to attempt to prevent the slow removal of freedom. Going to Jail because the law changed and i didn't pay attention means an immediate loss of freedom. When measure 114 passed here in Oregon and people found out that they could no longer purchase a firearm, a lot of folks said things like "I thought that was only for Assault Weapons" or ... I didn't think there was any chance it would pass so i ignored it." Ignoring the legislation just fast forwards the process for gun grabbers.

Jpsmith1

Lil-Rokslider
Pretty simple really!

Let's see how that argument plays out in regards to "constructive posession"

If I buy a shoulder stock for my TC contender and have that in my home, I would be guilty of having an SBR even if I never assemble the actual SBR according to my understanding of current BATFE/NFA rules. If I had a 16" barrel, I would be fine until I actually assembled the SBR.

Rotnguns

WKR
Let's see how that argument plays out in regards to "constructive posession"

If I buy a shoulder stock for my TC contender and have that in my home, I would be guilty of having an SBR even if I never assemble the actual SBR according to my understanding of current BATFE/NFA rules. If I had a 16" barrel, I would be fine until I actually assembled the SBR.
Yeah, this whole deal pushed by ATF and Biden is really nuts. The problem is that so few of those supporting Biden's position have any technical understanding of the items they want to ban or regulate. Their logic can be taken to absurd conclusions, as Alito pointed out. I hope ATF and Biden get a big black eye over this, but I suspect that sadly, they may prevail.

Jpsmith1

Lil-Rokslider
Yeah, this whole deal pushed by ATF and Biden is really nuts. The problem is that so few of those supporting Biden's position have any technical understanding of the items they want to ban or regulate. Their logic can be taken to absurd conclusions, as Alito pointed out. I hope ATF and Biden get a big black eye over this, but I suspect that sadly, they may prevail.
I believe that enforcement policy predates the current administration.

mt terry d

WKR
Shoot2HuntU
That it's even before the SC is proof the whole system is a fraud. Every SC justice included.

Where in the Constitution does it grant the government ANY power regarding
firearms and who can have them , let alone what types, etc?

NO f'n Where. That's where.

But they won't even bring up that niggly little detail, not even the exalted
so-called conservative clowns in black robes.

Bread and circus.