JRE w/ Cam and Steve

OP
isItFallYet
Im glad they mentioned HOWL and CRWM. Where was Steve at before the forced wolf reintroduction? Last I heard him talk about wolves and how hunters don't want forced reintroductions he made fun of us, saying why do we like to hunt Alaska? Like the vast landscapes in AK are comparabile by any stretch to the lower 48 hunting.

I was also disappointed in Steve for hardly pushing back on Rogans claim that private ranch elk act more naturally than public wild places. Hunters have been on the landscape since forever. Nothing natural about hunting the Deseret where pressure is minimal and highly regulated for the experience of chasing B&C bulls every fall.

They hammer (pun intended) on the jealousy subject a bit much, valid criticism cam cant stop reading about isnt coming from jealousy. Calling out hunting celebrities for things like "find another trailhead stupid" is valid. Joe claims hes a brown belt in hunting, while being fully guided and hunting private preserves for unpressured elk. Hes a great Archer it appears, but if he had to drive himself to a trailhead in the wilderness and hunt solo he would be enjoying tag soup for a change, but I'm sure he would get good at it with time. Love the guy for all hes done otherwise, just my opinion.
Definitely agree. Joe is definitely a self-proclaimed elk killing expert nowadays, haha. But I do like how he paints the picture of it being all about meat and not about trophy hunting.

CorbLand

WKR
Like most, I am glad to see/hear that they brought up HOWL and CRWM but I think that's a little too late to be honest. At least as far as the wolf deal. Kind of seems to me that they were all pretty quiet and now are trying to back pedal. Basically, sit back, see what happens and capitalize on the out cry. That's how it feels to me.

I agree with @Pacific_Fork, they all really like to play the "they are just jealous card" most influencers do. There are always going to be a group of people that attack from that stand point but when its your only defense...

I have said it many times, I don't care that they hunt private ranches. I just wish they would be way more up front about it so people don't watch it and think that's the way it should be. Then those people go out on public ground, think it should be the same and complain when its not.

I did find it humorous that Rogan told Steve he wants to hunt cranes with him. Rogan, you live in Texas, its one of the best places to kill cranes. Find a guide and make it happen on your own. Why do you need Steve to take you?

OP
isItFallYet
Like most, I am glad to see/hear that they brought up HOWL and CRWM but I think that's a little too late to be honest. At least as far as the wolf deal. Kind of seems to me that they were all pretty quiet and now are trying to back pedal. Basically, sit back, see what happens and capitalize on the out cry. That's how it feels to me.

I agree with @Pacific_Fork, they all really like to play the "they are just jealous card" most influencers do. There are always going to be a group of people that attack from that stand point but when its your only defense...

I have said it many times, I don't care that they hunt private ranches. I just wish they would be way more up front about it so people don't watch it and think that's the way it should be. Then those people go out on public ground, think it should be the same and complain when its not.

I did find it humorous that Rogan told Steve he wants to hunt cranes with him. Rogan, you live in Texas, its one of the best places to kill cranes. Find a guide and make it happen on your own. Why do you need Steve to take you?
Lol. He confused cranes with snow geese.

OP
isItFallYet
I’d like to propose a hypothetical question to this forum in hopes to get a legitimate answer. If there was a new petition that garnered enough signatures to provide a new ballot box vote that imposes a management cycle for these newly implanted wolves, which emphasizes science-based opinion from wildlife biology officers, would it work? If so, would it make a difference?

In other words, use the same method that they did. Colorado is where this fight needs to be won.

I thought it was good that they brought up HOWL and CRWM on that platform. It will be heard by many more people than any hunting podcast can reach. I do wish that they had spent more time laying out the specifics and giving a better background for the average non-hunter to understand. Not just for Colorado's current fight but for understanding future ballot initiatives that are sure to come.

OP
isItFallYet
I thought it was good that they brought up HOWL and CRWM on that platform. It will be heard by many more people than any hunting podcast can reach. I do wish that they had spent more time laying out the specifics and giving a better background for the average non-hunter to understand. Not just for Colorado's current fight but for understanding future ballot initiatives that are sure to come.
It would be cool if we could request for them to elaborate on a future podcast.

Im glad they mentioned HOWL and CRWM. Where was Steve at before the forced wolf reintroduction? Last I heard him talk about wolves and how hunters don't want forced reintroductions he made fun of us, saying why do we like to hunt Alaska? Like the vast landscapes in AK are comparabile by any stretch to the lower 48 hunting.

I was also disappointed in Steve for hardly pushing back on Rogans claim that private ranch elk act more naturally than public wild places. Hunters have been on the landscape since forever. Nothing natural about hunting the Deseret where pressure is minimal and highly regulated for the experience of chasing B&C bulls every fall.

They hammer (pun intended) on the jealousy subject a bit much, valid criticism cam cant stop reading about isnt coming from jealousy. Calling out hunting celebrities for things like "find another trailhead stupid" is valid. Joe claims hes a brown belt in hunting, while being fully guided and hunting private preserves for unpressured elk. Hes a great Archer it appears, but if he had to drive himself to a trailhead in the wilderness and hunt solo he would be enjoying tag soup for a change, but I'm sure he would get good at it with time. Love the guy for all hes done otherwise, just my opinion.
Joe really claimed to be a brown belt in hunting? LMAO! Every super rich guy who has only ever been on guided hunts I'm sure claims the same thing. They have no idea what they don't know. Give him an OTC tag in a general unit and make him do all the research and scouting and go out there by himself and we'll see how quickly that brown belt turns white. Lol.

TxxAgg

WKR
Joe really claimed to be a brown belt in hunting? LMAO! Every super rich guy who has only ever been on guided hunts I'm sure claims the same thing. They have no idea what they don't know. Give him an OTC tag in a general unit and make him do all the research and scouting and go out there by himself and we'll see how quickly that brown belt turns white. Lol.
Haha i like Joe, but I cringe when I hear him talk about bows or hunting. He's only about 50% there.

Hnthrdr

WKR
I’d like to propose a hypothetical question to this forum in hopes to get a legitimate answer. If there was a new petition that garnered enough signatures to provide a new ballot box vote that imposes a management cycle for these newly implanted wolves, which emphasizes science-based opinion from wildlife biology officers, would it work? If so, would it make a difference?

In other words, use the same method that they did. Colorado is where this fight needs to be won.
I mean great idea, but at the moment we are on the ropes in Co and trying to fend off the lion/ bobcat ban… I like where your head is at though

UncleBone

WKR

I have suggested we start a ballot initiative to reverse prop 114. Give it a year or two, and maybe we can make it happen. It would be a long shot, but would be worth a try at least.

ODB

WKR
Listened to the recent JRE and was actually impressed/surprised that Cam and Steve seemed to have the same thoughts as I do about the agenda regarding reintroducing predators to eliminate hunting. Maybe us hunters will finally get our shit together. Was also really pleased to hear Cam introduce HOWL. JRE is obviously a powerful platform, and Im glad they had this discussion.

Standby… Steve actually entertained the idea that at the end of wolf reintroduction would be a restriction on hunting/firearms?

I'll have to listen, but if that's the case he and Janis need to start eating some crow - they pilloried that idea plenty of times...

OP
isItFallYet
I mean great idea, but at the moment we are on the ropes in Co and trying to fend off the lion/ bobcat ban… I like where your head is at though
Okay, let’s find a solution. That is the point of my post.

OP
isItFallYet
Standby… Steve actually entertained the idea that at the end of wolf reintroduction would be a restriction on hunting/firearms?

I'll have to listen, but if that's the case he and Janis need to start eating some crow - they pilloried that idea plenty of times...
Yep, I think they’ve reached the realization that this is a big deal!

I get the feeling Janis and Steve lean a little differently on politics..

OP
isItFallYet
One thing Im certain about is that this has started before CO, but we need to make our stand in CO. Go to HOWL if you haven’t already. We need to figure out as a collective whole, what else we can/must do.