John Dudley

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
Hey @ one time people thought the world was flat....

Which is really kind of funny, given that the Bible was written 1000's years prior to those people believing that, and it delineated very well that it was indeed not flat. Just looking at the moon or the sun should have also given them a clue....LOL.

Phat Cowboy

Lil-Rokslider
Which is really kind of funny, given that the Bible was written 1000's years prior to those people believing that, and it delineated very well that it was indeed not flat. Just looking at the moon or the sun should have also given them a clue....LOL.
Well as they say people don't know what they don't know......

In 2016 I got a job at Hoyt. I worked there for 6 months and ended up quitting because I was a “temp” employee and was told I would never have the opportunity to move to a full-time position which is what you had to have to get any discounts. Disappointing because I would say 90% of the people working in the bow assembly stations were not even slightly interested in archery or hunting. I had 3 different managers who were definitely some of the rudest people to deal with out of all the jobs I’ve had. Not trying to bad mouth Hoyt at all they make a good product just run a pretty tight ship.
I wish the best for Dudley. His content is some of the best out there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brendan

WKR
Sidebar: For all those people ripping on HECS, there is science behind it, and it is a legit scientific phenomenon. Just no studies I've ever seen that says the principle works with any mammals or ungulates.

Certain fish, sharks, marine animals - definitely yes - pretty sure HECS has a bigger following with spearfisherman for that reason....

If he can shoot, the results will always be broken arrows. Are those the results you're talking about? I doubt it, but BH tuning results can just as easily be obtained by shooting the BH arrows FIRST, without destroying your FP arrows. By the way, I've met a lot of "successful" morons.

Shooting broadheads at broadheads will net the same results... As will shooting field points at any other arrow, if you're shooting well enough.

The nature of the beast is, if you're shooting good groups, count on losing a few shafts, or at least nocks.

Hardly a reason to discount the information a literal olympic level archer, and a world-class hunter has to offer, but, by all means, you continue doing you. You strike me as the type who figures himself for the 'smartest guy' in every room he enters. There's no teaching some people anything.

Phat Cowboy

Lil-Rokslider
If he can shoot, the results will always be broken arrows. Are those the results you're talking about? I doubt it, but BH tuning results can just as easily be obtained by shooting the BH arrows FIRST, without destroying your FP arrows. By the way, I've met a lot of "successful" morons.
I’ve seen the video and he does all that for visual effect for the viewers. He also specifically mentions in all his videos to do these tests and adjustments using groups of arrows. He only shoots one arrow at a time simply for video so the viewer can see what’s going on without putting out a 2 hour show of shooting and of course he’s won world championships so I think he knows how to shoot and what a good shot is and when he makes a bad shot.

heatstroke18

Lil-Rokslider
I'm assuming his decision to separate from Hoyt has more to do with his input into the company than it does anything to do with money. I'm also going to assume that whomever he's chosen to go with has offered him more stock in the decision making. If you believed strongly in something and your boss wasn't willing to listen you'd look at moving on as well. I've followed Duds for many years and implemented a lot of his teachings and it's helped me. I've never met him but my instincts tell me he's a good dude. And if he seems a little dramatic it's probably because he really does care deeply about his relationships at Hoyt and this is truly a very difficult decision for him.

i would imagine that what ever company (I think PSE) he goes with it’s not just because of a fat check. He probably has direct company involvement with regards to development, direction and I’m sure his own line of bows. I listen to some of his stuff and follow him along with many others in the industry. He puts out quality instructional and informational content about shooting and bow 101 stuff. Its part of the business. Good for him, he’s worked hard for the opportunities to provide for his family by shooting a stick.

MattB

WKR
Wherever he lands he will be a huge help to that brand, I can't think of anyone on his level giving out free technical info as often as he does.

He has an online archery school, who else does this?

Hope he is paid well and continues helping the archery community.

Providing free technical info while suggesting his viewers use the releases he sells. It's like grocery stores selling Thanksgiving turkeys at cost. They make their money on cranberry sauce, stuffing, and gravy mix.

Phat Cowboy

Lil-Rokslider
Providing free technical info while suggesting his viewers use the releases he sells. It's like grocery stores selling Thanksgiving turkeys at cost. They make their money on cranberry sauce, stuffing, and gravy mix.
He believes that type of release is a great tool which can be utilized to help people establish proper shooting technique. He also shows viewers how he believes you should properly use a thumb release as well as the wrist strap just as much as he discusses the tension activated release he markets. He also provides it in a smaller size which is easier for woman, children & people with smaller hands to operate. From what I understand he had a lot of input into its design. He’s a professional archer and wants to use his knowledge to improve people and products so of course he probably has ideas for products like this and why wouldn’t he like to make some money doing it. It’s America after all.

Yooper

WKR
Looks like PSE it is. Looking forward to what he'll bring to the table with them. I'm a big fan of what he's done to help the average archer. I know I've learned a lot from his videos in the past.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
There's no teaching some people anything.

Kind of like "shooting BH's at other arrows is idiotic"? Yep, you're right.......as long as it's a TV guy doing it......it's AOK. Lemmings will follow....LOL. If the other guy in the room is shooting BH's at arrows.........then yes, I will attest at being the smartest guy in that room. All I can go off of is what I'm given to work with. I remember when my oldest sister was 17 and I was 10. She was a straight A student and I found her in the kitchen trying to melt cocoa powder in a sauce pan. I was the smartest person in the room that day too.;)

In 2016 I got a job at Hoyt. I worked there for 6 months and ended up quitting because I was a “temp” employee and was told I would never have the opportunity to move to a full-time position which is what you had to have to get any discounts. Disappointing because I would say 90% of the people working in the bow assembly stations were not even slightly interested in archery or hunting. I had 3 different managers who were definitely some of the rudest people to deal with out of all the jobs I’ve had. Not trying to bad mouth Hoyt at all they make a good product just run a pretty tight ship.
I wish the best for Dudley. His content is some of the best out there.

My interactions with CS for warranty issues with Hoyt have been terrible one dude there I forget his name seemed so miserable he was super rude telling me I used the wrong screws for my sight when it was in fact the sight plate dibocle I told him I tried HHA, MBG spot hogg sights and they all did that and he told me all my sights were bad then told me he’d never take the word of a consumer only qualified Hoyt techs. Total loser, I’ll never shoot Hoyt again because of the CS
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kind of like "shooting BH's at other arrows is idiotic"? Yep, you're right.......as long as it's a TV guy doing it......it's AOK. Lemmings will follow....LOL. If the other guy in the room is shooting BH's at arrows.........then yes, I will attest at being the smartest guy in that room. All I can go off of is what I'm given to work with. I remember when my oldest sister was 17 and I was 10. She was a straight A student and I found her in the kitchen trying to melt cocoa powder in a sauce pan. I was the smartest person in the room that day too.;)

Again, I didn't see the video. But another poster did, and he already confirmed my assumptions. The icing on the cake is the part where he said that Dudley even EXPLAINED why he was doing it that way. But maybe you were too busy knowing everything to listen to that part.

I imagine if you saw a Michelin star chef doing anything with cocoa powder in a pan, you could assume he was a clueless idiot too. Because there's no way a world-class pro would know anything you don't already know.

Congratulations on having a sister who's dumber than you, though! ;)

Again, I didn't see the video. But another poster did, and he already confirmed my assumptions. The icing on the cake is the part where he said that Dudley even EXPLAINED why he was doing it that way. But maybe you were too busy knowing everything to listen to that part.

I imagine if you saw a Michelin star chef doing anything with cocoa powder in a pan, you could assume he was a clueless idiot too. Because there's no way a world-class pro would know anything you don't already know.

Congratulations on having a sister who's dumber than you, though! ;)
I like this newbie. Make sure and stick around