John Dudley

Stalker69

WKR
Seen that John Dudley left Hoyt. Anyone else think that all of this shit is over dramatized?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It’s not if you don’t know who he is, or careless about who he is. I don’t, so there is no drama I am aware of. I like it that way. Lol. Sorry, but true.
Just went and googled him myself, yep don’t know who he is. And don’t see no reason to want to know who he is. Crazy how people get caught up in other people’s lives.

Brendan

WKR
For those who don't know who he is, he runs Nock On Archery, the Nock On Podcast, and has a fairly credible career as a professional archer and coach.

Here's his Bio on the Onnit site:

For all those KifaruCast fans - Aron has had him on a couple times and vice versa.

Steve O

WKR
Classified Approved
It seems Hoyt had cornered the market on InstaHunters, celebrities, duping dudes into becoming illogical fanboys, and generally selling bows with marketing rather than product superiority. It’s refreshing to see one of the most influential faces go elsewhere. Over dramatized, yes.

Dud seems to be the defacto source for online archery instruction. He moves the needle, can’t keep his releases in stock. Seems he was always the one to set up a new Hoyt and cover it on social media any time a new celebrity wanted to try their hand at archery as well as covering time with a lot of celebrities that might not be new to it. Brent burns, joe rogan, don trump jr, and a bunch more I can’t remember worked with him.

ARNOLD...

prm

WKR
Did you listen to the podcast when he announced leaving UA for Sitka? Talk about drama, OMG...I think that’s when I stopped listening regularly.

He seems like a good dude though. Best of luck to him whatever he’s doing.

Last edited:

Scottyboy

WKR
Good dude, sure. What I found funny is he shot his last buck with a Hoyt at the “last minute” but yet all his pictures are daytime 🙄 and I don’t want to hear the “he let it sit overnight blah blah blah blah”

TBHasler

WKR
As has been stated, this is about business - and I agree with that. At the end of the day both the companies and the promoters/sponsored personalities need to balance $$s.
Hoyt spends a lot on branding and promotions. With this years new bows priced at $1600+, it wouldn’t surprise me if something had to give.
I personally feel this price point is at a tipping point and the market isn’t going to stomach much more. 2020 Hoyts are $500+ higher priced than their competitors

Dunndm

WKR
As has been stated, this is about business - and I agree with that. At the end of the day both the companies and the promoters/sponsored personalities need to balance $$s.
Hoyt spends a lot on branding and promotions. With this years new bows priced at $1600+, it wouldn’t surprise me if something had to give.
I personally feel this price point is at a tipping point and the market isn’t going to stomach much more. 2020 Hoyts are $500+ higher priced than their competitors

I mean PSE flagship bow is 999$ isn’t it? I mean why not buy that, all the accessories for the same price as a bare Hoyt... that’s the only problem I have with Hoyt too.

I mean PSE flagship bow is 999$ isn’t it? I mean why not buy that, all the accessories for the same price as a bare Hoyt... that’s the only problem I have with Hoyt too.

Dang, guess you need to have a problem with PSE too.
05c2015e50124f257d754c8e8f472e0c.jpg

Dunndm

WKR
Dang, guess you need to have a problem with PSE too.
05c2015e50124f257d754c8e8f472e0c.jpg

Ouch, I always buy used so I don’t keep up to much with exact current prices.

Ouch, I always buy used so I don’t keep up to much with exact current prices.

The Aluminum bows from either aren't as expensive but they sure aren't cheap either. I haven't shot a carbon that seems to shoot better than an aluminum riser yet but the marketing still parts people and their money.

Gobbler36

WKR
The dramatization is annoying as ****, but with that said the guy puts out awesome videos and educational material for archers I would not be where I’m at with archery if it wasn’t for him. Be interesting to see where he ends up

Dunndm

WKR
Sounds like he's going to work with a company where he has design input into the bows. My prediction is we see Nock On branded bows announced at ATA.

Yeah after just now listening to the entire podcast it sounds like he is teaming with someone to be able to use there technology with his own designs. Interesting to see what it is

I'm pretty new to archery, but my philosophy is pretty much the same with other hobbies/industries as well. The brand of gear isn't as important as the quality and the practice you put into using it.

I didn't listen to the podcast. I don't really care about the drama. I'm not shooting a Hoyt, and they're not on my top 5 list anyway, so I don't really care about any industry drama. That said, he's got a lot of good info for archers that apply across all brands. I'll leave the fanboyism up to other people, and just take what's worth keeping. He can switch to whatever brand he wants, and I'll still keep an eye on his videos as long as he keeps putting out quality content.

I saw that Chris Bee announced he left Hoyt for Matthews this week as well, so maybe Hoyt recently dropped some new terms on their pro-staff/influencers, and folks are finding the new terms aren't as good as they can get with partnerships elsewhere?

Again, I don't watch the videos to really care about what brand of bow they're shooting. I watch for the hunting footage and the tips.

Kilboars

WKR
If your into bowhunting it should. He gives out fantastic info on his youtube page and podcasts that don't cosgtyou a dime but are priceless. I consider him my archery coach form how much I've learn from him.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
The only thing I know about John Dudley is from the only episode I've seen of him a few years ago on TV. He was giving advice for BH tuning by shooting fixed blade BH's at his field point arrows already in the target. For any moron that does that.........I'm not really interested in anything else they have to say at that point. So I could care less what bow he shoots.