Jason Hairston of KUIU passed away today

Despite where your loyalties lie the man was an innovator in the hunting industry. He built two of the bigger brands out there and truly changed the way most of us look at our hunting clothing. Really opened our eyes to the benefits of technical hunting clothing, be it with Sitka or Kuiu. RIP Jason, you will be missed by many.

DWP51

Lil-Rokslider
All that I can say is my thoughts and prayers are with those close to him... his kids, his wife, hie entire family, and his friends.

fngTony

Super Moderator
Staff member
Very sad news. Thoughts and prayers to his family and friends.

AZinAK

FNG
Terrible news. Hard to believe considering how full of life he seemed to be and how much passion and drive he put into seemingly everything he did. Even the jeans and plaid guys can't deny his mark on the hunting industry and the innovation he pushed. I only talked to him on the phone a couple times during some product developments they were doing but he was a sincere and extremely personable guy. Breaks my heart thinking about his kids, family and friends. Be that person someone knows they can go to no matter what may be going on. You may be the difference between another day or people remembering them. Rest easy Mr. Hairston and save me some of those 40" rams in the forever mountains.

On this sad day, I just want to hug my wife, daughter and the rest of my family.

I know we lost a good man yesterday. My thoughts and prayers will be with the Hairston family as they contend with their loss and grief.

JP100

WKR
Sad news indeed.
Whether you like the brand or not, Jason has really changed the industry. He drove many brands forward and pushed the industry into new technology.
A very driven man.

Disco14

Lil-Rokslider
I’m shocked and saddened at the thought. Prayers sent to his family and I hope he’s with the Lord up above.

Gonewest

WKR
Prayers for his wife, kids family and employees.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Unoboats

WKR
Classified Approved
Sadden over this piece of news. Prayers for his family

Very sad news and thoughts of grief for the entire Kuiu family. The comments thus far display the highest levels of class and decency. I tip my hat to all of you.

ofl0926

WKR
Prayers sent to his family.
Such sad news. Never had a chance to speak or meet him but he seemed like a a nice guy. God Bless everyone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is very sad news. I feel terrible for his family. It's an important reminder that you never know what someone is dealing with. I hope the world will remember him for this life and not the way it ended.

Such a loss for his family and the hunting community as well. It was hard to process last night and still doesn't seem real. His legacy will live on every time we put on a piece of KUIU gear.

2bgop

FNG
Just terrible news. I didn't know him, only met him a couple times, but he seemed like a good guy. Prayers for his family.