Island Park Grizzly Attack

Makes me think twice about hunting alone whether in grizz country or not. Thanks for sharing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MtnW

WKR
Hope the hunter recovers fully.
Prime grizzly habitat that Island Park area. Kind of has a unique feeling around Island Park that I have experienced the times I have been in there. Big country surrounding that eco system.

chill223

FNG
Hopefully the hunter ends up okay. Always a grim reminder that you can’t be too careful.

Fullfan

WKR
Seen the two guys and the big dead grizz on Face book. One guys arm is chewed up.

Rotnguns

Lil-Rokslider
The third day of season and we've already had a hunter mauling. These bears have been slaughtering cattle in the area this summer. Be aware out there.

https://www.eastidahonews.com/2024/09/adult-male-grizzly-bear-attacks-archery-hunter-in-island-park/
Thanks for sharing! We've been having at least one of these attacks every year in Idaho; hopefully, we won't see another this year. Very interesting to note that for the first time, grizzlies have been seen west of I 15 in Idaho. Would love to see them make it back into the Lost River range and even the Sawtooths.

Pacific_Fork

Well Known Rokslider
Here's a very interesting and informative thread from the Island Park Bear Aware facebook site:

Lots of great background info from residents of the area. I didn't see a dead bear though.
Yea real informative. People saying why didnt they use bear spray and pleading with hunters to stop “killing way too many bears”

Idiocracy and anti human life.

Last edited:

Maverick1

WKR
Isn’t there at least one hunter attacked in Island Park each year?
I hunted there a very long time ago on one of my first elk hunts. And had a very uncomfortable grizzly encounter. As a result I’ve ’monitored’ the area ever since, and yes, multiple grizzly attacks have happened in that area. Quite regularly, actually.