Is there any video or evidence in general that a heavier projectile will penetrate deeper?

Point Man

Lil-Rokslider
Elite,
What game animal are you planning on hunting anyhow ? I know my uncle always hunted with his 30-06 out in Wyoming on trips from Ohio but then when the craze of the 7mm magnum came out in the 70's he just had to have one so then he started taking that to Wyoming for his hunts. Soon, buyer's remorse set in very badly. Just sayin.

Superx3

FNG
It all depends on the bullet construction! A thin jacket bullet can benefit the most from extra sectional density(heavier) . A thick jacketed bullet or a mono seem to penetrate well with extra speed, but a well constructed heavy for caliber will nearly always penetrate deeper than a lighter bullet.

Lou270

Lil-Rokslider
Terminal sectional density is what matters in penetration. That is - what is the sectional density of the bullet after it deforms if it is going to. Bullets of similar terminal sectional density will penetrste about the same regardless of weight though one may have a larger cross sectional area which things being equal should result in bigger hole

Lou

Bluefish

WKR
It isn't just bullet weight, but bullets of equal construction, out of the same cartridge, the heavier one has more mass so a higher sectional density, and it will penetrate deeper.

Bullet choice is probably the most important part of deciding what to use.
At equal speed, yes, but a heavier bullet is going slower. I think the answer is, it depends.