Is Rokslide Wrong About Leupolds?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you look around here enough you'll see everyone scoffs at Leupold's 18 inch lbs torque recommendations, then they complain when they torque to 825 inch lbs and it doesn't track well. I'm still on the fence, these mofos are getting to me I have to admit, but I have a VX5 that's taken some legit abuse and hasn't had an issue yet.

I'll be putting a 2.5-10x42 Mark 4 HD to the test this fall. The weight and features were too much for me to overcome.
Looking forward to seeing your results. Looks like a very feature rich scope that would be awesome (if it works)

Last edited:
I was a diehard Leupold guy growing up as that was the holy grail compared to the Nikon and Bushnell that weekend warriors were using. Once I got into the long range game I trust my Nightforce above all others. For a light weight set and forget I'd still pick up any one of my rifles with a Leupold.

He used the exact same b-roll image/shot of his "collimator" and the leupold reticle overlayed for the "before" and "after" slams onto the carpet. There was no live shot of what actually happened to the scope. Plus it was off proper alignment and then wasn't placed back on in proper alignment either. That filmed portion of his "test" showed us absolutely zero information on the state of that rifle scope.

Is it fine? He starts talking about how his leupold has a moving zero and he lost zero driving to and from the range. I'm not sure his test really showed anything, and he didn't figure out why his zero was shifting.

According to him, the rifle lost zero, not the scope.

I have used a VX5 for serval years and has worked perfect. I had a Nightforce SHV and it is a better, amazing scope but for hunting I like the VX5 better (smaller and lighter).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back