Is Rokslide a Cult? Is Fishnet Form the RokLeader?

Who is The Cult’s Supreme Leader

• Fishnet Form

Votes: 68 43.6%
  • Billy Goat, King of the Memes

Votes: 42 26.9%
  • “Big Buck” Bobby Denning

Votes: 37 23.7%
  • “Lyin Bryan” A-Very, aka “Pink Crocs”

Votes: 9 5.8%

• Total voters

xsn10s

WKR
Pretty much agree. What I find interesting, is that some of the accusers are on sites that seem objectively worse in terms of allowing other ideas to be entertained.
I think the one in question usually does a great job. But I'm not sure they looked into the terminal performance pictures and made a decision. Some of the comments that I found distasteful were deleted. I think one comment especially disappointing which lead me to decide to take a break from there. Too bad because overall I thought they did a good job. IMO some of the .223/ 5.56 77gr TMK terminal performance pictures looked very similar to 30-06 ( or larger than .224 caliber) controlled expansion rounds. With the 30-06 loads generally showing better/ more consistent exit wounds.

TaperPin

WKR
I get a kick out of hanging around with guys obsessed with the high country - it’s no different from a small town coffee shop - there are the loud obnoxious guys, the guys who know everything, the oddball that doesn’t say much, the preacher, the old fart, the young kid who knows every ballistic number of his favorite cartridge, the guy who never sights in his gun, the rancher, the fishing nut, the guy who doesn’t clean his gun, the obsessive guy who lines up the silverware and gets a new napkin if anything gets on it, the smelly guy, the clean cut guy nicknamed the accountant, a deputy who always has a good story about the latest car wreck, and the quiet kid who likes to listen.

Newer younger perspectives to balance out the rear view experiences of generations before us makes someone think even if they agree with it or not. Thinking is good.

Light fast bullets that break apart and kill animals nicely are as old as the 250-3000 and 257 Roberts - like a great grandpa kind of revelation. I do enjoy hearing about all the new heavy for caliber bullets, so I’m not complaining.

The emphasis on accurate shooting is nice. New big scopes that dial are nice. Guys who don’t clean their rooms, but have the latest tech savvy info on ballistic gizmos is nice.

The stock trend is interesting - Anschutz prone stocks out of the late 60s and 70s aren’t all that different, so the popularity is new, but the shape not so much.
8CD2E87B-5520-473B-9294-0AB7524948F4.jpeg

Never has the high country been so accessible - we may be at the height of the good old days. Anybody on a whim to hunt doesn’t need to know much - just download the right app, keep a post going to ask real time questions, rent all the gear, kill the big deer, get bored with hunting and go back to video games. *chuckle*

My pops was heavy on the 17 Rem when it came out in 1972 and shot the heck out of Alaska big game critters with it, so I’m somewhat disappointed it’s not talked about more.

Last edited:

gerry35

WKR
Lots to like here and I have learned quite a bit about bullet performance and scopes.

Not going to lie though the 223 for hunting grizzly is definitely cultish. It can work but is incredibly stupid to attempt something like that. Eventually it's going to go very bad.

Larry Bartlett

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Who TF is Form and why does his opinion matter more than the stinky load I dropped in the toilet this morning?

Opinions are everywhere. This forum has lasted because of its content and demonstrations by people who give a **** about something and have something valuable to share.

I'd rather make a stand here and have one of you knuckle heads rip my opinions open like a can of worms rather than post on another forum and have them love every word I write.

Bad press is good press, even if it stinks. And In my experience, dog poo only sticks to you if you stop walking the miles.

Keep doin what y'all do here.

grfox92

WKR
The thing about the guys in other forums who talk smack on Form is that they never give any objective proof, facts or contrary, data to prove him wrong. It's always just an attack claiming he's a shill or full if shit. If thats the case than it should be easy to prove.

In terms of RS being a cult. No. Opinionated yes. Do members unnecessarily attack, dog pile and scare away new members? Yes. They do, and that's where the "Cult" opinion comes in. I've seen all too many times a new member come on here and question the .223 or anything else and get so attacked and berated they never come back. Even when the person says they have an open mind and will read the thread. Some of it is downright unnecessary.

If I walked into ANY gun shop, sporting goods store, check station and told anyone that .223 was effective for killing elk and deer they would laugh you out of town. It doesn't matter if Roksliders know otherwise, it likely will never catch on outside of this forum, regardless of how effective a tool it is.

Sent from my SM-G990U2 using Tapatalk

Who TF is Form and why does his opinion matter more than the stinky load I dropped in the toilet this morning?

Opinions are everywhere. This forum has lasted because of its content and demonstrations by people who give a **** about something and have something valuable to share.

I'd rather make a stand here and have one of you knuckle heads rip my opinions open like a can of worms rather than post on another forum and have them love every word I write.

Bad press is good press, even if it stinks. And In my experience, dog poo only sticks to you if you stop walking the miles.

Keep doin what y'all do here.

Larry you've shared some great material on meat care in the past. I really enjoyed learning from it. Thanks!!

dirtshooter

Lil-Rokslider
Forgot why I came to the forum but am glad I stuck around. It can be cultish like the 223 thread but being from Alberta I'll never be hunting big game with a 223 so it doesn't matter to me.

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
I have a different understanding of the word 'cult'. Rokslide appreciates novel ideas and opinions, but we expect you to provide evidence to support them. There is a lot of insincere talk on the internet.

I find it amusing when other websites mention us because it helps with our search engine optimization.

grfox92

WKR
I have a different understanding of the word 'cult'. Rokslide appreciates novel ideas and opinions, but we expect you to provide evidence to support them. There is a lot of insincere talk on the internet.

I find it amusing when other websites mention us because it helps with our search engine optimization.
Is there even another hunting forum that has the amount if traffic that Rokslide does?

Sent from my SM-G990U2 using Tapatalk

OP
ndlawrence

I certainly appreciate this aspect of RS. I haven't found any other hunting forums that I feel are the same. Most of the time it is just bickering, drama, and opinions with literally no evidence to support. I'm not sure what people are getting from 24hrCF specifically.

Remington92

Lil-Rokslider
I certainly appreciate this aspect of RS. I haven't found any other hunting forums that I feel are the same. Most of the time it is just bickering, drama, and opinions with literally no evidence to support. I'm not sure what people are getting from 24hrCF specifically.
Ooof that ones rough with all the gibberish / broken English d*ck measuring, and caty screen shoting each others posts to crucify someone.

chicoredneck

Lil-Rokslider
I find Rokslide has a good mix of posters that provide experiences, facts, and share objective tests. That’s not cultish at all to me.

Talking about LRO - if Rokslide has a 223 cult, LRO has a 300 cult and I have said as much there but the editors will never let any opinion that disputes or provides counter points be stay posted. They edit and close any posts/topics that discuss alternative viewpoints outside of the moderators opinions.

I like Rokslide because you can just air it all out.