is it my scope or loads? 98% good, 2% fail @ 100 yards

magtech

WKR
I sighted in a diamondback tactical with a guy yesterday. Turn the dial 4 clicks same bullet impact. Shoot again then the scope moves and groups. Id take the scope off and replace it with something worthy of repeadtedness. Please dont buy cheap rings as well.

While the scope is off ensure your barrell is free floated properly, stock is seated properly (sometimes they bind up and arent perfectly together when it looks together), then torque the 2 action screws properly.

The major problem here is if hes got a cheap crap scope, what else did he cheap out on thats just screwing the pooch, to include reloading. Thats why guys are reccommending using good box ammo, not cheap. It will remove the reloading variable, for the time being.

As for being off 4ft at 100.. thats the shooter, or a fundamental process problem with shooting knowledge.

GSPHUNTER

WKR
I sighted in a diamondback tactical with a guy yesterday. Turn the dial 4 clicks same bullet impact. Shoot again then the scope moves and groups. Id take the scope off and replace it with something worthy of repeadtedness. Please dont buy cheap rings as well.

While the scope is off ensure your barrell is free floated properly, stock is seated properly (sometimes they bind up and arent perfectly together when it looks together), then torque the 2 action screws properly.

The major problem here is if hes got a cheap crap scope, what else did he cheap out on thats just screwing the pooch, to include reloading. Thats why guys are reccommending using good box ammo, not cheap. It will remove the reloading variable, for the time being.

As for being off 4ft at 100.. thats the shooter, or a fundamental process problem with shooting knowledge.
My dad always told me, it's a poor mechanic who blames his tools. Not saying that is the case here, just something to think about.

Antares

WKR
I'm not trying to be rude here, @CamaroMan, but something isn't adding up.

- You don't have the time to shoot/troubleshoot your rifle,
- You don't have the time (and/or skills?) to mount your own scope,
- but you have the time and skills to reload?

If you can't hit a street sign at 50 yards, or are missing deer by FOUR FEET at 100 yards, you have no business hunting until you get your poop in a group.

croben

WKR
I’ve been in two classes now where two different guys had an issue with their Vortex scope and had to pull it from the class. The first time they put a NF on his rifle and got him going the rest of the class. The second time the guy just ran an instructor’s rifle. This might just be a fluke, but I would look at a better scope. I’ve yet to see anyone else have an issue like this with a quality optic.