Invitation to KUIU Live - ULTRA Pack System Introduction

Glad the audio worked this time. The packs looks nice still wondering how 160d holds up to field use.

I beat the piss out of mine this year and the bag has held up well. the bottom looks to be a bit fuzzy, im sure in the next year or so it may wear through but we will see/ branches, sage brush, truck beds and a briar patch are just a few of the things the bag has seen.

Nice presentation. I have a question for you guys- could you/ would you use the 6000 pack as a day pack? Or would you use the 3000 pack and another gear bag if you need more space to pack your camp in? Lets assume an elk hunt for 5-7 days. Thanks

I saw and handled the 6000 at the Reno Sheep show and would use it as a day pack. It compresses down to nothing.

I guess I'm getting things mixed up. I know I've seen a pack recently that you couldn't remove the lid on. Not this one I guess.

The most recent pack with a non-removable lid would be the Exo pack.

They finally broke me down last nite and made me order the 6000. I added the hydration bag, bow sling, and a hip pocket. Just wondering if anybody else ordered and if so did everything that has to do with the Ultra system say backordered? Wondering if they actually sold out already or if they say backordered because it is all preorders?? Also wondering if the extras I ordered are the reason I was charged shipping, where they advertised that if ordered yesterday the shipping was free? Anyone have answers or should I call them up?

I was also charged shipping. I emailed customer service right away, but haven't received a response yet. I'm sure they had a pile of orders yesterday after the webcast.

One other thing maybe the KUIU guys can answer. I have a 33" waist. That puts me right in between both belt sizes. Is there enough adjust ability with the small to accommodate heavy winter clothing, or is large the way to go? Will the large size then be able to tighten enough for lighter weight summer/early fall clothing? I ordered the large, so hopefully it'll work.

I was also charged shipping. I emailed customer service right away, but haven't received a response yet. I'm sure they had a pile of orders yesterday after the webcast.

One other thing maybe the KUIU guys can answer. I have a 33" waist. That puts me right in between both belt sizes. Is there enough adjust ability with the small to accommodate heavy winter clothing, or is large the way to go? Will the large size then be able to tighten enough for lighter weight summer/early fall clothing? I ordered the large, so hopefully it'll work.

Free shipping will be honored for all ULTRA Packs ordered during the presentation. Your invoice will be adjusted when the pack ship.

You can use either the S/M or L/XL hip belt with a 33" waist. If you are planning on using your pack with multiple clothing layers, we suggest going up in size to the L/XL.

They finally broke me down last nite and made me order the 6000. I added the hydration bag, bow sling, and a hip pocket. Just wondering if anybody else ordered and if so did everything that has to do with the Ultra system say backordered? Wondering if they actually sold out already or if they say backordered because it is all preorders?? Also wondering if the extras I ordered are the reason I was charged shipping, where they advertised that if ordered yesterday the shipping was free? Anyone have answers or should I call them up?

In the video they said that they have not yet received, or just got some of, the packs from whatever country they are coming from so I would assume that is the reason for the backorder status - they don't have them yet.

Back