Interesting test on a frame

Status
Not open for further replies.

bmart2622

WKR
Once again Shrek, how much experience do you have with Kuiu clothes to be making condescending remarks? What do you have against them ayway? It is ok to like Kifaru and Kuiu. I have tons of Kuiu clothes an Icon and a duplex and nomad comng and I havent burst into flames....yet.

Russp17

WKR
This is true, but the way things have gone, it has turned into a personal pissing match focused on a silly cliff toss.

It's too bad things have gone this far off track, we should be working together promoting hunting and protecting our lifestyles, instead were wasting our time bickering with each other over stupid stuff.

Couldn't agree more!!

lintond

WKR
I'm quite impressed with the pack performance in that brutal fall. I'm actually surprised that no buckles or anything broke on a rock or something.

I'm happy with my current pack, and hope to hear some good reviews after people put boots on the ground with the pack this fall.

bcimport

WKR
All the other nonsense aside I was pretty impressed with how the frame and pack handled the toss and thr truck. I'm happy with my MR but if I were in the market for a pack I dont think I would be afraid of this current kuiu set up.

JNDEER

WKR
When was the first shipment of the ultra suppose to leave? I heard April. Anybody have an idea?

Quoted from the Kuiu forum.

Re: ULTRA vs. CLIFF TEST #2

Postby Sleepycreek » Fri Mar 28, 2014 7:00 pm

Just got a pretty sweet email……

Ultra 6000-SHIPPED

Shrek

WKR
Hold on Matt , I've got thick skin.
Actually , I have been thinking long and hard about trying some attack pants. I really do think Kuiu makes some of the best clothes and although I'll never be able to use their shirts and jackets I can probably use the pants. I don't hate Kuiu and if they were better run I would be a fan. A fourth generation pack in four years is ridiculous. Riffs off known tent and bag designs is not revolutionary. Not putting your product up for open testing gives me reason to suspect.
Btw , someone claimed their packs are "crap". I have not claimed that. From the one sample I've seen they seem to be very average production packs and not much in common with the industry standards for durability and performance Kifaru , Mystery Ranch , ect.

Obi-wanshinobi

Lil-Rokslider
Let's not get this thread closed too guys. These tests are fun to watch and I'm guessing Jason is just trying to have some fun now. He's already stated he has a lot of respect for Aron and Rokslide so just leave it at that. People are human and sometimes emotions get the better of us.

I feel the Ultra is gonna be a good buy for the price they are selling it for.

Having so many choices for packs is only a good thing for us hunters. Really looking forward to the first reviews of the Exo pack too as it's priced very close to the Ultra.

Status
Not open for further replies.