Insulation material in FL Uncompahgre?

After no luck searching online about what fabric or materials actually insulate the Uncompahgre, I reached out to first lite and was first told the same sales language, non-informational answer "the Uncompahgre puffy series uses a 37.5 synthetic insulation". But 37.5 isnt actually insulation material and quoting from the 37.5 website "What is 37.5? It's a dynamic thermoregulation technology that is woven into fabric designed to keep the humidity around your skin at a minimum, so it wicks the sweat off your body before the sweat has time to turn into liquid" Gearpatrol.com describes 37.5 as essentially an additive to any kind of fabric ""37.5 technology works in a variety of fabrics and materials. Companies mix it into everything from towels to jackets, sheets to sweaters. It can even go into silk and blend with a high fashion piece."

After I relayed the above information and again asked "so what is the material or fabric in the jacket?" I was surprised to hear from first lite that while the outside is nylon, what actually insulates the Uncompahgre jacket is "proprietary" and that "it will perform very similar to the other brands."

Not sure Im interested in trusting a company to fill the critical role of backcountry insulator when I dont even know what the hell Id be wearing...pretty lame first lite!

Anyone else have any inside information on what this material is? Does it actually insulate when wet like climashield or lose loft over time like primaloft?

sneaky

"DADDY"
All synthetic loses loft over time. It's a polyester fill of some sort.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

davitia

FNG
I've put my 2.0 through heavy efforts in the cold - id say the insulation performs as good as my arcteryx atom lt with resilient coreloft insulation. I'd be more curious to know what kind of face fabric FL uses. I have several small holes in my 2.0. My atom lt has no holes and ive put that thing through much more than the FL 2.0. Just my 2 cents but I think FL face fabric needs a major upgrade.

gilby

Lil-Rokslider
@Str8shooter, I was trying to figure out what their insulation was as well and found the website for the fabric. The website provides a name of a paper they funded and provides the patent numbers if you are interested.

Bump79

WKR
I've put my 2.0 through heavy efforts in the cold - id say the insulation performs as good as my arcteryx atom lt with resilient coreloft insulation. I'd be more curious to know what kind of face fabric FL uses. I have several small holes in my 2.0. My atom lt has no holes and ive put that thing through much more than the FL 2.0. Just my 2 cents but I think FL face fabric needs a major upgrade.
I agree. What was more confusing was that the exterior material is more breathable than the interior. This is confusing to me as you'd want to trap heat/humidity on the exterior not next to skin. The interior should be extremely breathable and the exterior slightly less to block a little wind and trap heat.