input from Seek Outside integrated pack users

OP
mtwarden

mtwarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
hehehe I suppose this is a good loophole out of your 1-pack conundrum... a little case of have your cake and eat it too!
Can't blame you, sounds like a slick system either way. Now you got maximum versatility sounds like. How do you like the Merlin as a day pack type system? Were you putting it on the back of your Divide bag or taking Divide bag off and running Merlin solely on Revolution?

I was taking the Divide bag off, adding the Revolution panel- then attaching the Merlin.

It worked very nice- I took out the frame extenders I had in (as antelope aren't nearly as heavy as elk :D)- so it's pretty low profile and pretty light. The Merlin as a pack works well, but I think it's going to be too small (volume wise) as we get into the later stages of deer/rifle season- simply need to carry more clothing. There is room below the Merlin on the Revolution panel (and some attachment points)- so might just need to figure something that could be attached below for the extra volume OR simply revert back to the Divide as volume is no issue with it.

OP
mtwarden

mtwarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
Little more input on my move to the SO Divide for hunting. I got to pack out a half of a buddy's mule deer buck ~ 3 miles w/ some steep climbing thrown in, no problems at all, but probably only 50-60 lbs total (my gear and ~ 35 lbs of boned meat).

I shot a large cow elk, but was able to sled her out :D, so never got the opportunity for a real heavy load test.

The Divide bag in X-Pac is a little loud when still hunting, not terrible, but definitely could be quieter- their new fabrics sound like they are quieter.

SO doesn't offer a rifle carrying solution, but was able to rig up my SG rifle carrier w/o too much trouble.

OP
mtwarden

mtwarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
Used the Divide on a couple of snowshoe trips this winter.

I just ordered a Goshawk 6300 for my upcoming Dall hunt (August)- should give me plenty of volume for a 10 day hunt.

I'll strip the Divide bag off, add the Revolution panel and new bag for the hunt :)

abaT3tn.jpg

FkSXKiV.jpg

Used the Divide on a couple of snowshoe trips this winter.

I just ordered a Goshawk 6300 for my upcoming Dall hunt (August)- should give me plenty of volume for a 10 day hunt.

I'll strip the Divide bag off, add the Revolution panel and new bag for the hunt :)

abaT3tn.jpg

FkSXKiV.jpg

Your going to be so dialed for your sheep hunt! Are you still planning on using that Niak that you picked up a while back, after using it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
mtwarden

mtwarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
Your going to be so dialed for your sheep hunt! Are you still planning on using that Niak that you picked up a while back, after using it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yup. I'm pretty sure my lighter TT Stratospire Li would be up to the task, but talking to the outfitter (and a couple of hunters) they had one hellacious storm two seasons ago that just makes feel better brining the Niak :)