In vehicle navigation while hunting

^just make sure the tablet you decide to use comes with GPS capabilities. For the iPad I use, it’s the same make/model that could get a data plan but I just use WiFi and/or offline mode. My wife has a iPad mini that doesn’t have the GPS built in which I didn’t anticipate at first when I tried using it.

It (iphone) has worked great since it's inception on dash screens for me... except the "blinking" in the lower 1/3 of the screen the past 6-8 months.

I called OnX about it and they said it was a glitch in the software by their supplier and they are waiting on the fix.

Come on, it has been over half a year IIRC.

Anybody else having this issue or is it regional? It is on two of our vehicles. Irritating.

It (iphone) has worked great since it's inception on dash screens for me... except the "blinking" in the lower 1/3 of the screen the past 6-8 months.

I called OnX about it and they said it was a glitch in the software by their supplier and they are waiting on the fix.

Come on, it has been over half a year IIRC.

Anybody else having this issue or is it regional? It is on two of our vehicles. Irritating.
I started getting that blinking or “flickering” too. It doesn’t seem to do it all the time for me, but certainly more than just occasional. I can’t recall if the issue goes away or not on offline mode.

Another glitch I was having last summer, before hunting season, was OnX closing or crashing when using with Apple Car Play. It would launch, show your current location on the nav screen then shutdown on its own. The issue went away prior to hunting season…must’ve been fixed with an update…?

Back